• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Carphone Warehouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carphone Warehouse

Hi All

I am putting this here in case anyone else has had problems with CPWH

One of the companies that I work for I had noticed that they were paying Carphone Warehouse the amount of £26.75. When I started I enquired with those here what it was for and know one was able to help me. I contacted Carphone Warehouse and they said that they could only speak with the contract holder. I said that I would cancel the s/order and they said that if I did someone might be very angry with me?

So I left it, but decided to revisit this again recently and called up CPWH and got put through to the geek squad. It appears that this was insurance for 12 months only for each policy and there were aparently 3 separate policies going back to 1999.

They still will not speak to me under the Data protection which they are hiding behind as I am not the policy holder and indeed they will not advise me who is the policy holder is but the company that I work for have been paying this long after all 3 policies have expired unfortunately.

I calculate that this company have overpaid some £3k and they will not return it to us.

We have put this in the hands of lawyers and intend issuing a stat demand as they refuse to return the money which is fraud when the policies are not even currently in force, although they do not refute that the money does not belongs to them. It is now in the hands of their CEO office and they have to this afternoon to change their stance as I have instructed the lawyers to issue the stat demand.

Tuttsi

Re: Carphone Warehouse

Good News everyone... it was agreed by Car Phone Warehouse to day that they are now reluctantly paying back the overpayment of £3k, it was either that or we were going to issue a stat demand.

Tuttsi x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X