• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Had Virgin fitted, now have no phone or internet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Virgin fitted, now have no phone or internet.

Hi all, my name is David and i'm wishing I saw this site before I signed up with Virgin Media.

Me and my wife were selling our house but decided not too, as we were going to, we canceled sky and Bethere BB but not the phone with BT as we needed it for selling.

We sat at the pc and worked out that we could save £25 ish per month if we moved all our services to Virgin, so just to confirm the cost I rang the sales team and the price was confirmed, I was asked while I was on the phone would I like to do a credit check to see if I am eligeble and a check to see if I could get all the services, so i agreed and all was done and all ok.

A day later i recieved a text message from Virgin letting me know my installation date and account number " Welcome to Virgin media. Your install date is 08/12/2009 between 8am and 1pm A/C No : XXXXXXXXX TV PIN : 1234. To set up eBill use Area Ref. No: XXX. To get set, call 08000520691 free from a land line. " Now remember all i did was ask about the cost and wether i could recieve there services, at no point did i say to go ahead with any installation services whatsoever. Me and the wife had already decided that we were going to have this anyway so bit the bullet and just changed the install date to a day later to the Wednesday.

Wednesday came and our engineer turned up between the times that we were told. A knock at the door, a smile and introductions he told me that he could not fit a phone line today as there was no room in the telco box, however would i still like him to fit the BB and TV, I had no idea at the time what a telco box was, let alone how much room was in one so i asked, he replied with "its the green box over there that all the phone lines are put in" i asked when the phone line would be fitted and he said when there was more room and to contact customer services and they will sort it out. Not knowing my rights at the doorstep and knowing i could have refused there and then i just thought that someone will be out in a week or so to fit it, so i said go ahead and do the TV and BB then.

The guys did there bit and then informed me that he does not have any routers for the BB, and that customer services will send me one out, he said he would make a note of it on job reference. Not a problem, i still have BT and BB with Be so thats fine.

When i rang to change the install date i asked to keep my number, the guy on the phone said that was fine and he would inform BT and get it transfered and i need do nothing as it would all be taken care of by them. Sure enough inbetween this call and the install date a letter came from BT informing me of this. I called the Virgin customer team after the guys had installed to check about the phone line, they said they could not do anything until the job had been closed and to call the the day after. I work away from home so was not able to call them untill today, I have now been informed that the phone line cannot be fitted untill someone ends there contract with Virgin.

BT have also now canceled my service, so I now have no phone line and have lost my number that i have had for 12 years, to add to this because i have no BT line i cannot use my BE internet either, i cannot use the Virgin BB as i have no router, when i infirmed the lady at Virgin of this today she said she would get one sent to me however, because of the Christmas post and there shipping dept i may not recieve it for a couple of weeks, hohum.

I am now having to use my parents phone and internet ect which costs me money in petrol, and to boot i have items for sale on Ebay of which end on Tuesday.

BT have informed me that if i sign back up with them they will require me to sign a 12 month contract, and Virgin have informed me that they will have to increase the charges for the BB and TV as i do not have a phone line, the same phone line they have contractually agreed to fit and provide.

I have read the Virgin posts and I will now be contacting the chief exec' office 1st thing tomorow on 08009522283, does any have there snailmail and email address so i can send them a copy of this aswell, also is the number i have quoted correct.

With what i have written, does it sound like i have grounds to tell them to come and remove there equipment and cancel there services to me with no cost ? as they are in breach of contract, however not there terms and conditions, as reading there T&C's thoroughly its all about them and not us.

I am now off up town to buy a internet dongle for my pc so i can use the internet at home, more expense.

Dave L.

P.S. thanks all in advance for your help, in turn i will be helping others when i get my internet back correctly, and if there is anything else you think i need to add then please do not hesitate to say.

Re: Had Virgin fitted, now have no phone or internet.

Virgin Media
    Concord Business Park
    PO BOX 238
    Manchester
    M22 0WJ

Complaints Department
    Virgin Media
    PO Box 333
    Matrix Court
    Swansea
    SA7 9ZJ

Try one, or both of these.

Virgin Media is a company that ploughs millions into marketing and capturing customers then noticeably less into looking after them.

If Virgin Media promised to install a telephone line and then have not, they have breached your contract and you may therefore treat the contract as vitiated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X