• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Three mobile contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three mobile contract

Hi I'm desperately in need of some advice about a contract I had with three.

I was offered a mobile phone contract in store in april. When I agreed to go for a contract (I was ''persuaded'' whilst trying to buy top up for my 3 payg phone) I was told I was applying for a 6mth contract, I was not asked to sign anything at any point and was given a printed reciept which i didnt look at justfiled away when i got home. In October my phone was stolen and when i rang to report it missing I was offered a new handset if I took their insurance, which I agreed to. When the phone eventually turned up (a week later than they said it would be) it was a refurbed handset that didnt work. SO I called 3 to ask for a new one and complain. At this point I was told that I had been signed up to an 18mth contract and that they had extended this for a further year for providing me with anew handset. I was them told that I would need to send the replacement handset back to be ''checked'' and would be without a phone for up to two months. This was when i discovered my contract was far longer than I had been initally told as I said I was going to cancel.

I wrote to 3 and told them all the circumstances and that I would not be paying them any further money as as far as I can tell I have been conned into this contract. I have now been told to send them any documentation saying I was on a 6 mth contract. My problem is that I dont have any as the printed receipet said in very small letters 18mth.

My point is that I will not pay for something that I was told was only 6mth. I feel I have been very badly misled in the store and that at no point was I told it would be an 18mth contract. I do have a witness who was shopping with me at the time but 3 insist that even tho I did not sign to say I understand that I was on an 18mth contract it is still legally binding. But how can it be if I have not signed to say that I agreed to pay that amount for 18mths? Are they just trying to scare me into paying? Im not concerned by any effect on my credit score as it is already ruined by going onto a DMP! Surely if it is legally binding there is nothing to stop them teliing the customer anything then enforcing whatever they want. To be honest the receipt I kept I would not normally have but I wsa being very efficeient at the time! I was also not given any terms and conditions of the contract or anything so I just want to know what they can do regarding this contract!!

Thanks! Sorry its been a long one! :-)
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    oh i meant to say, I got a new contract with orange as i needed a phone and I had to sign a credit agreement with them, which makes me even more unsure of 3 and what they have said!
    Last edited by ailsajayne29; 17th November 2009, 14:57:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Three mobile contract

As far as I know mobile phones are not covered by CCA 1974, however I am not an expert on it. I do know that 3 are a pain in the butt to deal with, however. Will bump this post up and am sure someone will be along soon to give the advice you need.
    Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X