• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mobile Phone Unlocking To Any Network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phone Unlocking To Any Network

I have just been given a Nokia 6120 c-1 (classic) that was previously on the 3G network. I would like to use it on O2 with my existing PAYG sim but obviously it needs the network unlocking.

Does anyone know how I can do this for free without having to take it to a shop?

Thanks in advance.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Re: Mobile Phone Unlocking To Any Network

Originally posted by Tools View Post
    I have just been given a Nokia 6120 c-1 (classic) that was previously on the 3G network. I would like to use it on O2 with my existing PAYG sim but obviously it needs the network unlocking.

Does anyone know how I can do this for free without having to take it to a shop?

Thanks in advance.
    I do know Tools and I can link you to a thread that definitely works over on MSE if that's ok with you

Link to forum where you can post up is here: Mobile Phones - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Comment

Thanks Nattie, will try that.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Bingo: Technical Support - CAN U UNLOCK MY NOKIA 6120C on 3g network
        Free SIM Unlock Nokia online
        Free Nokia Unlock Code Generator by GSM Liberty
        http://unlock.nokiafree.org/
        Last edited by Curlyben; 16th November 2009, 19:53:PM.

Comment

Cheers but..........Looked at these ones before but...........
          Also Nattie, your links gave similar results.

Comment

Have a read of this thread Tools.

I did a simlar thing with my Nokia N97.

Had it a week on 3 contract, unlocked it, upgraded to latest version software and it performs 20 times better than it did with the software version that 3 ship it with.

I know I have now voided my warranty but its fairly easy to re change product code and reinstall 3 software if I ever get a problem or need to return the phone for any reason.
            http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/909505.html

Comment

Cheers Bud, but that is about unbranding rather than unlocking.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X