• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT Chasing for queried debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT Chasing for queried debt

Hi there - I'm a newbie here. I am a trustee of a charity and ltd company providing housing to homeless men.

One of our volunteer workers took it upon themselves to have a BT line installed and ran up a bill of £677 which Moorcroft Debt Recover are now rather nastily chasing for.

My position is that there is no contract for services signed by any officer of our charity and the installation was unauthorised.

Do you think I am going to have to pay this or have I got some contractual grounds ??

Thanks for your help and advice in advance

Blessings
    Madvicar ( Yeah !!)

Re: BT Chasing for queried debt

Tell Moorcroft that you require a copy of the contract BEFORE you talk with them further.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      Tell Moorcroft that you require a copy of the contract BEFORE you talk with them further.
      By Letter of course never on the phone, just in case :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Yes - I have tried talking to them over the phone but frankly I find them somewhat abusive.

I've sent a polite letter by recorded delivery as follows:

A.J, Martin
        Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd
        P.O. Box 17
        2 Spring Gardens
        STOCKPORT SK1 4AJ

Friday 21st August 2009

Dear Mr. Martin,

re: Moorcroft Reference XXXXXXXXX- BT RETAIL

I am in receipt of various letters from yourself with regard to an alleged outstanding debt to BT RETAIL.

Having searched my records I can find no records of any contract between us and BT or British Telecom.
        I would be obliged if you would ask your principals for a signed copy of the contract.

You should also please take this letter as our official notification that this account is formally “IN DISPUTE”.

Yours sincerely,

The big question is whether they need a written contract before they provide services?

Lets see anyway.

I'll keep you informed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X