• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sim card charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sim card charge

Hi Everyone, I'm having a massive problem with 3 mobile, my contract finished at the end of April 2022, and having been a customer with them over 10 year decided to to leave and join the Tesco network as they offered a better deal sim only, in the meantime I received a bill for £19 from a number /account which is nothing to with me also sim only, I phoned 3 up and asked if I owed anything the gentleman at the call centre said there was £2-99 outstanding which I promptly paid, Now 3 have said I owe them at 1st £15 then £25 on a account I don't have, I yet again phone the call centre, and told them I have no knowledge of the number or account they are billing me for, I also asked for the activity on said sim card, the answer was nil, no data used no calls, no text etc so its not even active, because I'm refusing to pay anything on the account they have now handed the so called debt to some debt collectors, I've never owed a penny in my life and paid all my bills the treatment I'm receiving from 3 is disgusting, how can I pay for a service I'm not receiving, I've made plenty of calls to 3 and even visited the 3 shop who are also clueless, what on earth can I do to solve this many thanks for any advice
    Tags: None

Hi Vegas

a) Send 3 Mobile the following template, keep a copy, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...-not-owe-debt/

b) Send 3 Mobile a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to respond. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

If the data is incorrect, then you can potentially lodge a complaint with the ICO, but you must complain to 3 Mobile first, follow their complaints procedure.

Comment

Thank you Echatt11

I've sent off 2 of the template letters 1 to three and 1 to the 3 debt recovery company Credit Resource solutions LTD.

​​​​​

​They have sent me a email telling me to contact 3 or just pay £40 to them, I sent a email to them asking for a written reply on paper to be sent via royal mail as I may need to Present it in court,

3 have not replied to date, I had a thought? Could not 3 be libel for breach of contract, as they have not provided or are providing any service to myself, and no sim card, or I haven't received a sim card, so we have not got contract as the said mystery sim card and number is Not active and has never been activated, thus no service provided by 3 or used myself so how on earth can they peruse me for payment of a service I've not received or used many thanks for any further advice
      ​​​​​​​Regards Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Vegasblade View Post
        Thank you Echatt11

I've sent off 2 of the template letters 1 to three and 1 to the 3 debt recovery company Credit Resource solutions LTD.

​​​​​

​They have sent me a email telling me to contact 3 or just pay £40 to them, I sent a email to them asking for a written reply on paper to be sent via royal mail as I may need to Present it in court,

3 have not replied to date, I had a thought? Could not 3 be libel for breach of contract, as they have not provided or are providing any service to myself, and no sim card, or I haven't received a sim card, so we have not got contract as the said mystery sim card and number is Not active and has never been activated, thus no service provided by 3 or used myself so how on earth can they peruse me for payment of a service I've not received or used many thanks for any further advice
        ​​​​​​​Regards Craig
        The thing is that you can't have a 'Breach of Contract' where there is 'no contract', that's what you are saying.

You can seek compensation from them for 'harassment', they are chasing you for a debt that you don't owe.
        The Protection from Harassment Act 1997. You really need to send off both templates to 3 mobile.

Comment

Thank you I will

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X