• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dispute with BT broadband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispute with BT broadband

I have moved to Germany with the armed forces and terminated my BT line and broadband in the UK. I received my final bill of £320+, £163 of this wasa one off charge for early termination of my broadband contract. I will pay the remainder, but wish to contest the one off charge. Do I have a leg to stand on? My arguement is that I was not told of this one off charge being so steep when I was sold it by our call centre friends in India.
    Can I take it to court...and lose!! Or should I just eat humble pie and pay up?

Thanks for your time

Dave

Re: Dispute with BT broadband

Generally you will have signed up to 12 month contract, if you terminated before the twelve months were up then they will charge you for the remaing months left to run.

Can you confirm dates, when you signed up and when you terminated.
    How did you sign up, what documentation did you recieve
    as much in foas you can give will help.

I have got a refund of a similar charge based on line rental,s o dependant on the info you have, you may have case

PKea

Comment

Re: Dispute with BT broadband

The contract is legally binding IF the UK premises was a private address. However, if the premises was MOD run the account should have been set up by BT's DEROS department. Accounts set up by DEROS has NO contracts due to Armed Forces personnel movements & transfers. So, if when u are back in the UK & in MOD premises, I suggest u call BT's COT team who will transfer u to DEROS.
      This advice apply to ANY members of ANY Army personnel of ANY country whilst stationed in the UK.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X