• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tiscali - what do you think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiscali - what do you think

will try to keep this as short as possible:
    3/3/08 - called to ask for account to be cancelled end of march as i was moving
    1/4/08 - broadband cancelled by tiscali, not my phone line (unbeknown to me)
    9/5/08 - i get told by tenant of previous house tiscali have acc open still
    9/5/08 - call tiscali, get told they didnt cancel phoneline as requested, apologised and cancelled same day
    However - advisor also says outstanding balance on phone for calls made AFTER 1/4/08 - i retort i will not be held accountable as they failed to cancel my phoneline - after a while he agrees to send refund request to finance....job done

today- come home and tenant kindly delivered post to me (as im moving again next week) in this post low and behold a debt collection letter for tiscali amount - fast forward the most ludicrous telephone conversation in the world with a 'supervisor" (she was giggling because it was midnight so there new year!) who agreed they didnt cancel, that the calls were made after i have informed them of my moving date, and has all the notes evidence of above calls on my file, cannot explain why they wrote to my old address even though its as clear as day i was leaving that property-but still im liable but i can always send proof of my move of address (is a file note from 3 march not good enough!!!!!) - i can be very assertive on the phone but i was borderline mental during this phonecall and ive never ever ever felt like that in my life.

Now ive dealt with complaints for a number of years for ceo of banks and investment companies so i know the client always thinks they are right - am i going mad here? surely its a no brainer? what do you think?

Also and you may laugh at this the amount owed is less than 18 quid! i got declined for a wardrobe on credit the other week and my rating was impeccable so theres my answer!! do you think i should pay the debt co in the meantime? (luckily my mortgage application was completed a few months ago or they would have mucked that up too!!! im fuming)

thanks for listening and any support you can offer

Re: Tiscali - what do you think

I had a similar issue when I left NTL in 2004. I gave them the required 30 days notice of closing my account but when I got home I discovered they had disconnected my internet connection with immediate effect. I called them again and they promised it would be restored, but it never happened. So I withheld my last months payment from them, which given they hadn't provide a service I thought was very fair.

Fast forward 5 months and a letter from a debt collection agency arrives with a demand for £15. I wrote back to them, enclosed a copy of my last letter to NTL, advised them that NTL had not been in touch with me once about this "debt" and advised them to contact NTL. The agency wrote back and stated that it would be referred back to NTL.

I never heard another thing.

I wouldn't pay them if I were you. They cocked up, it's all recorded on their system what you asked for, so you owe them nothing. It might only be £18, but the principle is much greater.
    Last edited by BBB; 1st January 2009, 23:11:PM.

Comment

Re: Tiscali - what do you think

thanks BBB makes me know its not me that has lost plot here! have sent email complaint to their ceo - and will fight this all the way - i wont pay the amount as agree with you on that one & they had better remove black data as a matter of urgency.

happy new year to you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X