• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

shopgirluk - EON back billing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shopgirluk - EON back billing

My friend is in a similar situation he was with Eon from April 2011 till he left in February 2014, from April 2011 to July 2013 Eon were reading a meter that belonged to a family in the same block, my friend lives on his own in a small flat so for 15 months he was being billed someone elses readings, it was only when he queried a high bill he received in July 2013 that this came to light, once Eon were aware of their error they then backdated the gas from April 2011 to July 2013 saying he hadn't paid the right amount, how they worked that out when he had been paying for a familys consumption so in effect in that 15 months he could have overpaid. Eon then checked their policy and said they could only reclaim 12 months of backdated gas charges. Again my friend said I'm not paying £401.75 for a figure you have just pulled out of thin air and not taking in to the equation I have been paying for some other familys usage that could have been over what I would use as a single person. My friend received a final bill for over a £1000 when he left which he paid leaving this £401.75 balance which he believes he shouldn't have to pay, through the stress of Eons debt chasing company re phone calls and letters my friend has now ended up under his GP for stress related anxiety and losing sleep over this. It came to the point of deadlock where my friend took his query to the Energy Ombudsman, to which they haven't even looked at the figures correctly hours and hours of work and paperwork sent to them as on studying the final bill from Eon the electric meter reading was an estimated reading to which has only been discovered after getting everything together to put the case forward. The Ombudsman have come back telling my friend to pay the £401.75 so he has written to them saying that he now wants to take his case through the small claims because every one seems to be missing the main point here of my friend paid for gas off a wrong meter for 15 months so who is to say he hasn't over paid. My friend has never defaulted in paying bills in his life and has had no problem with his new energy supplier. The whole thing stinks. I have helped him with regards all the correspondence as he is not a well person through the stress of this, so I've told him to take it to the small claims and let a Judge decide. I hope you manage to solve your problem and would be interested to see if anyone else has had any similar problems with energy companies.
    Tags: None

Re: shopgirluk - EON back billing

Hi
    Has your friend a record of all he has actually paid to Eon?
    Does he have an accurate record of his gas usage for any period at all?
    If he has it would be possible to produce a fairly accurate estimate of his total usage.
    If he is already stressed I wouldn't recommend County Court, which is a bit of a lottery in any case.
    IMO he is better off arguing it out with EON.
    When he left these premises did he not inform EON so they could take a final reading, and did he not take a final reading himself?

Comment

[QUOTE=des8;n783432]Re: shopgirluk - EON back billing

I just wanted to post an update to this story, saying that after battling this for months with Eon, it went to the Ombudsman, I have to say they were as thick as the idiots at Eon, so in the end i decided to take it through the small claims court paid the £35 pounds as it was then to file the lodge against Eon, surprise, surprise the legal department of Eon said they didn't know why it had got to this point and said that they would cancel the money outstanding on the account if we were to drop the court case. Because my friend was so ill at the time this is what we did , but to think that I fought so hard through the proper channels , yet the proper channels failed, the trouble with people today they one don't listen and two don't read the information that is in front of them, so yes, anyone out there who get as far as the Ombudsman and they throw it out yet you know 100 percent in your own heart that you are right in what you are saying then do what I did and take it through the small claims!.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X