• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodaphone wrecked my credit score

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodaphone wrecked my credit score

i am looking for some advice vodafone have placed a default on my credit score of £97 in 2011. i only noticed when i was refused a mortage and told i had a default on my account.i have based my argument on that there was official contract in place between Vodafone and myself and this therefore is covered by Contract Law. Clearly there was a 'breach of contract' and therefore Vodafone was lawfully obliged to send notice of this breach, and to have given a reasonable amount of time for the breach to be remedied. i did not receive any letters from vodafone stating that my account was late and the only letter i received from vodafone was telling me that my account had already defaulted.i paid the balance immediatly after receiving this letter. i have been back and forth with lee from vodafone web relations team and their "amazing" customer service derpartment who can not provide me with any evidence of any letters being sent to myself and can only provide me with bills from my old account. has vodafone not breached the contract that was in place with myself and them by not sending notice of this breach?

i know mobile phone companies are not regulated by the Consumer Act 1974 and therefore are not required by law to send an official default warning letter.

thanks
    Tags: vodafone

Re: Vodaphone wrecked my credit score

It's rather silly to be refused a mortgage over a £97 default :rant: :rant: :rant:

The main point is whether there was really a reason for the default in the first place. If the entry is incorrect, then it should be corrected.

If you really ended up owing Vodafone £97 it may be worth trying to see if they'd agree to remove the default in exchange for payment. I'm aware that in most cases it doesn't work this way and credit records are supposed to reflect your conduct with the account :blah: :blah:, however, given the rather ridiculous sum and the fact that you'd like a mortgage without having to wait for a further 3 years. I'd be inclined to contact them.

Obviously I'd only do this if there's no other defaults on your file, otherwise it's totally pointless.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

i have been in contact with Vodafone who say the default is valid even though they did not send me any letter regarding the default until the default was already in place and they're social media comms team telling my that these letters are computer generated and cannot provide evidence of them being sent to myself . I have requested a personal information request regarding this. My credit report is clean apart from Vodafone unlawful black mark on my account . Any help in going forward with this ?

Thanks

Comment

Might be worth adding this default is from 2011 the debt has been paid

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X