• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas - Complaints - where do I go next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas - Complaints - where do I go next?

Having had peaceful operation of our accounts with BG for many years seems they are in meltdown with the administration of our accounts.

Problem started when we let out our annex to a friend who took over the account - meter readings submitted account assigned to tenant - all good. This was 14 Months ago.

There was apparently some "background work" being done on our accounts causing accounts to be closed / cancelled DD's cancelled and demands for payment and "welcome to your new home" letters being received.

BG received my complaint / enquiry and wrote to me confirming all accounts were in order, DD set up apologised with token gesture of goodwill.

However, BG then said oh we have found another account and you owe us £250.

BG were hassling my wife at work - a consultant paediatrician who manages the care of extremely premature babies did not need to be bothered with such trivialities so account was transferred to be entirely my name and contact details give.

BG wrote to me to confirm that was the case.

BG continued to call my wife asking for myself - extremely infuriating.

Now if I owe the money then I'll pay it and cant find that I did.

BG Complaints Manager wrote to me asking for full credit card payment details to be sent over normal email which annoyed me as of the vulnerabilities and insecure nature of email let alone against the published policies of BG and the requirements of the DPA.

BG denied a breach but I reminded them of section 7 of the Act and submitted a Subject Access Request so I can gain all the data on my account to identify if indeed I do owe the monies and what has been written onto the accounts.

It's apparent that it has been escalated to their "executive team" to manage my complaint but today I am getting emails acknowledging that I have a complaint but with the Names and Account number that are not mine - and indeed potentially another breach of the DPA.

Can anyone please advise what approach is best to take so I can stop all this nonsense and get on with my life!

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X