• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

single occupant water discount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single occupant water discount

Hello Everyone,
    I read in the T&C's of my non-metered water bill that I could be eligible for a rebate as the single occupant of my property. I scanned and mailed off my council tax bill showing my sole occupancy status and I will receive the rebate on my following water bill. My council tax bill is dated from August 2013 so I asked the water company to back date my rebate to that date too. I am waiting for their answer. Does anyone know if I am within my rights to have the water bill back dated to match the date of my council tax bill? I want to know what to expect. many thanks, Golfing Girl

Re: single occupant water discount

I can only tell you what my dads supplier said.My dad has just done the same as you he has been a single occupier for over 10 years. Thames water said they would not back date but that could just be Thames waters policy.

Comment

I would imagine if there was a back date possibility they would have mentioned it on their application form.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. South East Water have said that they won't back date either even after pushing back, the answer was still no.

Comment

I thought as much these things usually only start from date of application. Least you have it now and I expect lots of people don't even know about this so by posting maybe some more will.
          Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X