• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

National grid wont come back to drain that was broken by them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National grid wont come back to drain that was broken by them

Hello all I will be saying hi on the other forum too but for now heres my question.. sorry if its a bit long winded...

I am having a problem with the National Grid. In January last year I moved into my property and susequently had a problem with the drains blocking every few months. To date the drains have had to be unblocked 5 times. I had a camers survey completed and it was shown in a report that there was a gas pipe horizontally across the width of the pipe. National Grid came and removed the gas pipe and repaired the damage caused by the gas pipe on the 21st October. On the 15th of November the drains were blocked again so I had another CCTV survey conducted on the 19th of November which showed that the soil pipe was full of soil and rubble. It was concluded by the workmen that the drains had collapsed. National Grid are now refusing to return to repair the pipe without proof that its collapsed. Unfortunately the report from the CCTV camera can take upto 15 days to arrive and so I have no proof. Again they are refusing to return even though I have advised them to contact the CCTV company and they can explain what they saw. They also wrote their findings on the reciept they gave me. I cannot at the moment use my toilet facilities as the collapse is causing excrement to flow up through the break and into my block paving, causing unpleasentness underfoot in addition to simply flowing out of the top of the downpipe. I have sought legal advice and they have said that they should return. I was wondering what I should do next as they refuse to come without proof.

I also have a claim with them regarding the previous unblockings before they undertook the work. They have a clear report as to why the drain was blocked yet they are dragging their feet. However this is a secondary as I will have to add on to this for the latest survey and attempted unblocking.

Thank you for your time
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X