• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Utility Warehouse - help!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utility Warehouse - help!?

Hi there,

Recently I have left Utility Warehouse, and received the final bill for May, however I went on holiday a week later from the first letter they sent; and forgot to ring them after receiving the letter. I have now returned from holiday, and find a letter now from a debt collector!

When ringing to try give money to Utility Warehouse, they are refusing to deal with my account and keep telling me to contact the debt collector instead. I have tried telling them that my debt is with Utility Warehouse, and not the debt collector. But they are refusing point blank to take any notice of my requests to pay the debt.

Can anyone help? What should I do about the Debt Collector?
    Any advice will be great,

John
    Tags: None

Re: Utility Warehouse - help!?

https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/

Out of interest, who are the debt collection firm?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/

Out of interest, who are the debt collection firm?
      Hi, the debt collector is called 'Utility Debt Collectors'.

Comment

Is this the address?

THE MERIDIAN 4 COPTHALL HOUSE

STATION SQUARE
        COVENTRY
        WEST MIDLANDS
        CV1 2FL
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi again, thanks for getting back to me - very kind of you.
          Currently I'm at work, so I don't have the letter on me to get their address.

It seems to be common ground for them to not send out multiple letters (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2874802) but on there, they mentioned that Utility Debt Collectors is Utility Warehouse, but originally I would have paid Utility Warehouse.

My biggest worry is if I pay the 'Debt Collectors' does this not go against me for future credit checks etc?

Regards,
          John

Comment

If it were me, I would hold fire on paying for the moment - not to avoid the payment of the outstanding debt, but to find out some info.

The exact name of the DCA (is it a ltd company), the address, & any registration details (Company no., etc) would be handy.

Have you been asked for more than the original sum outstanding to UW.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I don't know if this is any help but here's a list of companies (including Utility Warehouse and Utility Debt Collection Ltd) with the same two directors David Baxter and Charles Wigodely http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/fi...UL+HOUGHTON%22 (click on links on the site for further info on the two companies and directors)

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/lt...ebt-collectors

Comment

Utility Warehouse is to become the biggest independent energy supplier through deal to buy its existing customers.

Last edited by EXC; 25th August 2014, 07:47:AM. Reason: Links removed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X