• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warm Front

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Front

Contacted Warm Front over a fortnight ago (27th Jan) as heating and hot water system not working, (problem with hot water tank)

Was told a surveyor would ring to make an an appointment.

Not heard from surveyor, so just telephoned Warm Front again this morning. Was informed that due to a 30% cutback in government funding together with a rise in applications there were no surveyor appointments available for the area in which I live. Apparently if there are only a few applications in a specific area it is not practicable to send out surveyors until a certain quota has been reached.

Considering that my area had the lowest recorded temperature in the UK a few days ago (-11.8) maybe Warm Front should be renamed "COLD FRONT"
    Tags: None

Re: Warm Front

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
    Contacted Warm Front over a fortnight ago (27th Jan) as heating and hot water system not working, (problem with hot water tank)

Was told a surveyor would ring to make an an appointment.

Not heard from surveyor, so just telephoned Warm Front again this morning. Was informed that due to a 30% cutback in government funding together with a rise in applications there were no surveyor appointments available for the area in which I live. Apparently if there are only a few applications in a specific area it is not practicable to send out surveyors until a certain quota has been reached.

Considering that my area had the lowest recorded temperature in the UK a few days ago (-11.8) maybe Warm Front should be renamed "COLD FRONT"
    I assume you have probably written to the CEO about the crap customer service you have been receiving?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

This form their site, if this is the case how can they make you wait till someone is in the area when it may just be a repair job.

Step 2: Technical survey
      If the application is successful, the client will be given an appointment for a survey when the application is
      processed. A Warm Front engineer will visit the clients home and suggest which improvements could be
      made under the scheme.. If during this survey it is identified that the problems relate to a gas heating
      system that could easily be repaired within a three hour time limit, then the Warm Front engineer will carry
      out the work whilst at the home. If during the survey it is identified that the energy efficiency of the home is
      above the threshold required to benefit from the scheme, the client will not be provided with any
      recommendations and will be given details of where else they may be able to get energy advice and help.

http://www.foundations.uk.com/pictur...ont_scheme.pdf

Comment

Had a new boiler fitted by WF about 5 years ago.I still qualify and WF have confirmed there is still £2100 available for my property Its an oil boiler so the applicable amount is Higher
        Its just the water cylinder thatneeds replacing, it forms an integral part of the heating system and the immersion has gone kaput.

Comment

We had one done with them roughly about same time and that boiler has broken too, I didn't think 5yrs was old for a boiler going off how much they cost.

Comment

Our local met office recorded the temp at 7am this morning as being minus 12.2

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              We had one done with them roughly about same time and that boiler has broken too, I didn't think 5yrs was old for a boiler going off how much they cost.
              That's appalling. Even the cheap things they fit in new builds tend to last about 10 years. If you're in an area where you get a lot of limescale I guess that could possibly casue a problem, but not really impressive is it.

Comment

The water tank wasn't replaced when the new boiler was installed as the tank was in working order.

Comment

An immersion heater is usually just a 'back-up', so that you can get hot water in the event of a boiler breakdown.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes, I agree, but the tank that has the immersion heater in has developed a small hole, and the same tank is an integral part of the heating system,
                    Solder has been tried and failed, so has a compound specially for use on copper. The compound is still sticky after nearly a fortnight.

Comment

The copper cylinder will probably be an 'indirect' type; there will be a copper coil (or similar) fitted inside the cylinder, through which the water heated by the oil boiler flows.
                      The coil therefore acts as a heat exchanger, heating the main body of water within the cylinder, and this hot water is then piped to the hot water taps.
                      Pin-hole leaks in the cylinder wall are usually indicative of an ongoing problem (one of which is limescale deposits); fix one, and another will probably appear.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X