• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas EV Charger Installation Caused Damage to Property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas EV Charger Installation Caused Damage to Property

When installing an EV charger, April this year, the British Gas engineer put a hole in my render (about 10cm x 10cm) in my 2 year old property. He tried to fill it with mastic and hide his mistake, but I spotted it and raised a complaint with British Gas. They have tried to fix it, August this year, but it didn't work and cracks are appearing. I've raised this with them and waiting for them to respond and advise of next steps. Since April, I've spent about 40 hours chasing for updates, logging the complaint, speaking to them, staying home requesting quotes for trades to do the work to fix the render when not required, emailing etc. The total cost was almost a £1,000 and the installation was about £500. I've asked for compensation, and they offered £100. I then asked for a refund of the installation and they are saying no. I've gone to CDRL Utilities but reading the reviews on Trustpilot, I'm not sure I will get anywhere with their support. What can I do as this is all very draining and all I want is far compensation for what they have done to my home. BG certainly do not care about their customer satisfaction!
    Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to LB
    Have you got photographs and a written quote from a plaster/rendering company detailing the rectification work required?

If you have, you should consider starting a court claim

Comment

Thanks Pezza54 I have countless emails, pictures as well as quotes from 2 separate companies to complete the rectification work. Centrica have confirmed that someone will be out again to fix the remedial work already completed so with luck they'll do a better job this time.

How would I go about taking such a big company to court?

Comment

You might find a big company such as Centrica will not want the publicity of a court claim and will try to negotiate a settlement once you have started a court claim. Especially so if you have a strong claim with evidence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X