• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Estimated gas bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimated gas bill

Hi, since February 2023 my gas meter has not worked. The exterior smart meter has no digital reading because the screen is blank. I have contacted EON at least 4 times. 3 phone calls and a text in the feedback section. My little black reader in the house reads the electricity but the gas readings are zero or blank. Tariff - - - - -
    gas used balance zero.Current Tariff pence o.oo I have taken photos on my phone. One of the phone calls, a male telephonist told me that when the meter is fixed, it will read exactly how much gas has been used. What absolute rubbish.
    Today I received an estimated gas bill 26th sept 2023-30th sept 2023 £2.90 1st oct 2023-26th nov 2023 total £48.75 to be paid in 7 days.
    If my meter is dead and there are no readings whatsoever, can EON estimate a gas bill and also charge me standing charge on the meter because there has been no maintenance carried out. If the meter is dead, EON have no idea what gas I have used and I have no idea either.

Do I pay the estimated bill? Your help would be appreciated

David
    Tags: None

Hi Dave

Welcome to LB

Raise a dispute, follow their complaints procedure which will be on their website. They can send estimated bills, but you want to find out exactly what they are billing you for as part of the technology isn't working. Especially as you've told them on many occasions.

Also send them a SAR request to see what data is on your account. This is exactly why things spiral out of control, you've told them, they have done nothing.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

If it's not sorted then you can take your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman.

You should be compensated as the energy company hasn't resolved the issue since February 2023, how are you meant to gauge your usage and budget.

https://www.eonenergy.com/contact/complaints.html

Comment

Thank you very kindly for your help and advice, much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X