• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enstroga go bust and sell my debt to debt collection agency ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enstroga go bust and sell my debt to debt collection agency ?

Hello everyone,

I have this strange situation, I moved out of my apartment in August, submitted all the meter readings and closed my account with enstroga. They said I have something like 398 quid to pay which I can pay via instalments I agreed, everything was fine. Then they go bust, which I didn't even know, and start writing threating emails to me saying that my account is in arrears. I responded saying that the plan was agreed I'm happy to pay everything off via direct debit. Then yesterday I receive a text message that they sold my debt to debt collection agency. Could somebody give me some advice please ? I am very concerned about this as I don't want them to affect my credit score since I haven't done anything wrong. I did my due diligence as far as I am concerned and always was happy to pay off what I owe them.

I attached all the emails and texts.

Many Thanks

Alex

Click image for larger version

Name:	Text message screenshot.png
Views:	2
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1606960

Name:	image_42608.png
Views:	1
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1606955

Name:	image_42609.png
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	1606956Click image for larger version

Name:	image_42610.png
Size:	473.9 KB
ID:	1606957
    Attached Files
    Last edited by abrook11; 20th February 2022, 13:47:PM.
    Many Thanks

Alex
    Tags: None

Hi Alex

Enstroga has gone into Administration. No Administrator has been appointed. I've looked at your screenshots, I can't see where it says that the debt has been sold.

EWD Collections was set up by the former Managing Director of Enstroga in August 2021.

It's just a 'debt collection' agency. If you are looking to settle the debt, make an offer of a Full and Final Settlement.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options...on/full-final/

Also default protocols need to be followed.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi Alex

Enstroga has gone into Administration. No Administrator has been appointed. I've looked at your screenshots, I can't see where it says that the debt has been sold.

EWD Collections was set up by the former Managing Director of Enstroga in August 2021.

It's just a 'debt collection' agency. If you are looking to settle the debt, make an offer of a Full and Final Settlement.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options...on/full-final/
      echat11 thank you for your response !

I have attached the screenshot with the text message. Where it says it's been 'escalated' as if I ever refused to pay them which is not the case.

Right, but will they charge me debt collection fees etc ?

Of course I want to pay in full to be honest I didn't even know I owe them money I thought that's all been payed off.

So the best course of action is just to get in touch with them explain all this and settle the money I owe them right ? and if they try to charge fees on top of that am I obliged to pay this too even though this was agreed to be paid by DD ?
      Many Thanks

Alex

Comment

a) I have attached the screenshot with the text message. Where it says it's been 'escalated' as if I ever refused to pay them which is not the case.

That is typical of Enstroga, they are extremely clueless in all aspects of their business, they couldn't even manage 6,000 accounts, that is why they are in Administration in the UK. The concept of managing accounts is totally lost on them.

b) Right, but will they charge me debt collection fees etc ?

They will add fees, but tell them you will file a complaint with the to the Financial Conduct Authority and Trading Standards.

c) Of course I want to pay in full to be honest I didn't even know I owe them money I thought that's all been payed off.

To be honest, you probably don't owe them, you just need to check some of the reviews on Trustpilot. If you followed your account carefully from the start, then you will know if you owe them or not.

So the best course of action is just to get in touch with them explain all this and settle the money I owe them right ? and if they try to charge fees on top of that am I obliged to pay this too even though this was agreed to be paid by DD ?

As above. You had an agreement in place, there shouldn't be any fees to pay.

Only communicate with them in writing- email

Comment

echat11 thank you for elaborating everything in fine detail for me, you're the best. I will write them an email now and attach all the screenshots etc.

Thank you
          Many Thanks

Alex

Comment

echat11 - sorry, I'm new on here and only came across this forum whilst researching ewd-collections as they are supposed to be dealing wiyh transfer of my Enstroga credit (a substantial amount) to my new supplier EON Next. I am trying to find contact details for them other than e-mail as they never reply to e-mails - been waiting since early May to hear from them after I sent them ALL the evidence of my credit with the useless Enstrogsa.
            My question is, are you sure you have that right that they are just a debt collection agency and that no administrator has been appointed? Thought by law an official insolvency practitioner had to be appointed. And, if ewd was set up by an ex director of Enstroga (shortly before the company went bust) surely that's fraud?
            Can ANYONE tell me more about ewd? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPike View Post
              echat11 - sorry, I'm new on here and only came across this forum whilst researching ewd-collections as they are supposed to be dealing wiyh transfer of my Enstroga credit (a substantial amount) to my new supplier EON Next. I am trying to find contact details for them other than e-mail as they never reply to e-mails - been waiting since early May to hear from them after I sent them ALL the evidence of my credit with the useless Enstrogsa.
              My question is, are you sure you have that right that they are just a debt collection agency and that no administrator has been appointed? Thought by law an official insolvency practitioner had to be appointed. And, if ewd was set up by an ex director of Enstroga (shortly before the company went bust) surely that's fraud?
              Can ANYONE tell me more about ewd? Thanks
              a) My question is, are you sure you have that right that they are just a debt collection agency and that no administrator has been appointed?

EWD Limited - https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/13416959

Administrator details should appear on this page - https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...plier-eon-next

b) Thought by law an official insolvency practitioner had to be appointed.

You would think so, OFGEM announced they had gone into administration, but to date no administrators.

c) And, if ewd was set up by an ex director of Enstroga (shortly before the company went bust) surely that's fraud?

They are still trying to collect debts, but it's a very strange company, they should never have been given a license.

d)Can ANYONE tell me more about ewd? Thanks

As above. What has EON Next said about your credit?

Comment

echat11 I have an almost identical situation - have been switched to eon next from enstroga. I’d accumulated several hundred pounds with enstroga but was never issued a final bill from them. Eon next to add insult to injury have somehow estimated I owe nearly £500! No one seems to be able to advise how to get hold of enstroga. Emails to the ewd address aren’t getting a reply. Citizens Advice saying no administrators apointed. And eon saying they can’t do anything without a final bill from enstroga

Comment

Hi BCOOP

a) I’d accumulated several hundred pounds with enstroga but was never issued a final bill from them.

Enstroga owes you money for the credit accumulated on your account.

b) Eon next to add insult to injury have somehow estimated I owe nearly £500! No one seems to be able to advise how to get hold of enstroga.

Send Eon Next a Subject Access Request, request Enstroga and Eon Next account details, they should send you all the details on the accounts. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Did you take final readings to give to Eon Next when they took over?

c) Emails to the ewd address aren’t getting a reply. Citizens Advice saying no administrators apointed. And eon saying they can’t do anything without a final bill from enstroga

EWD is basically debt collectors collecting debts for Enstroga. It's the administrators when appointed who can deal with credit issues

Administrator details should appear on this page - https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...plier-eon-next

Comment

I'm very interested in how others have got on regards EWD Collections
                    I automatically transferred to Eon as a result of Enstroga going bust and was assured my credit balance would be protected.Ive had a lot of health problems recently so haven't put as much effort into checking everything as I would normally but about a month ago I got a notice of default from EWD Collections saying my 'debt' to Enstroga had been transferred to the mandate I owed just over £100. I queried this having never been sent a final bill as my understanding was that this went to Eon as they were managing credit balances and tbh I was too ill to chase it. Having received a copy of this today, apparently its for just over £50 of gas and electric for the final two weeks but having checked the accompanying readings the gas estimate was approx 350 units too high and a year later I'm still nowhere near having used that much. Calculating it using their prices Enstroga owed me over a thousand pounds not vice versa.
                    I've spoken to both Eon and EWD collections and sent the screenshots of the readings proving I was massively in credit not debit but wondering what the likelihood of getting that back now. Eon is also looking into it so there's a possibility it might get credited to my account but TBH I'm amazed that such a situation can get to this point when transfers were supposedly going to be automatic.
                    Yes I should have been more proactive but to be fair when you are struggling with serious ill health there's a limit as to what you can do.
                    Any advice welcomed

Comment

sorry about the predictive text errors above. I cant find a way to edit the post to correct them.

Comment

You need get the readings, work out exactly how much is owed to you. To the best of my knowledge, they haven't appointed Administrators yet, so dealing with EWD Collections is probably the best option. Write a letter of complaint to them, send it Recorded Delivery. Tell them if that credit balance isn't transferred across to your EON account then you will take legal action against them. Copy OFGEM into your complaint.

Read Accounts in Debit and Credit

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...plier-eon-next

Update the thread when you get more info.

Comment

thanks,
                          The old readings are no longer available but the estimated readings from enstroga are available via the Eon website so I have sent screenshots in the email reply to EWDs final bill. I've calculated as best I can using the manual reading 2 weeks later so the May owe me more but certainly no less. I've copied Eon into it and they are supposedly looking into it.
                          Should I wait to see what the reply is before I send the recorded delivery letter? Obviously the email will provide a degree of proof of what has been sent but not that they have recieved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Giilli View Post
                            thanks,
                            The old readings are no longer available but the estimated readings from enstroga are available via the Eon website so I have sent screenshots in the email reply to EWDs final bill. I've calculated as best I can using the manual reading 2 weeks later so the May owe me more but certainly no less. I've copied Eon into it and they are supposedly looking into it.
                            Should I wait to see what the reply is before I send the recorded delivery letter? Obviously the email will provide a degree of proof of what has been sent but not that they have recieved it.
                            You can wait, but don't leave it too late if you get no response.
                            You need to be pro-active. EON should credit your account.
                            If EWD continue to 'harass' you for money you don't owe then
                            you can take action against them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X