• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unpaid utilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid utilities

I sold my house and moved out on 2nd November 2020.. in the last couple of weeks I've been receiving emails and texts from utilitie companies saying I owe money but the bills are dated long after I moved out.. what can I do do about this? Is it a scam? I've had numerous emails from shell energy claiming i owe £435 from oct 2021and yesterday a text from this number 03300450640.. I had to call several times before I eventually got through and they claimed to be debt collectors working for Green energy and the bill was outstanding from Sept 2021. I know its definately not my debt but its really starting to worry me and cause me alot of stress
    Tags: None

Hi TRACEY

Did you have an account with Green Energy or Shell Energy previously?

Did you inform the Energy company at the time that you were leaving the property and provide final readings?

I would send a Subject Access Request to both Green Energy and Shell Energy, they will send you all the data on the account over the last 6 years, they have 30 days to provide the data. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Then you can send proof that you moved and the debts are not yours.

It could be that the new owner has rented out the property.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X