• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin media and non independent ombudsman cisas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin media and non independent ombudsman cisas

I am seeking advice about how to deal with problems I am experiencing with virgin media, its complaints procedure, and the non-independent ombudsman service cisas.
    Before I go into detail, I have had an experience with virgin media having previously taken them to the ombudsman. As far as I understand virgin media do not subscribe to the official communication ombudsman, instead they are subscribed to a lapdog organisation called cisas.
    Despite virgin media in my case supplying me with appalling service and breaching my contract, cisas ruled in favour of virgin; had this been a truly independent ombudsman, I’m sure they would have ruled in my favour instead.
    My question is, how can I fight against this dishonest behaviour? What options are available to me?
    Also, I would like to point you to the reviews on Trustpilot for this very dishonest non independent organisation.
    Thanks.
    Tags: None

The Ombudsman you used is CEDR, the Scheme they operate for communications company is CISAS. The problem is that they describe the companies that are essentially members of CEDR as clients, so there is a built in bias.

You need to ascertain if there is an Appeals process. Their decision isn't binding on Virgin Media you if you reject it.

I've had dealing with CEDR, the CEO likes 'shouting' I can say that much.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      The Ombudsman you used is CEDR, the Scheme they operate for communications company is CISAS. The problem is that they describe the companies that are essentially members of CEDR as clients, so there is a built in bias.

You need to ascertain if there is an Appeals process. Their decision isn't binding on Virgin Media you if you reject it.

I've had dealing with CEDR, the CEO likes 'shouting' I can say that much.
      I emailed them regarding the case mentioned above stating that I did not believe I received a truly independent decision, this is the reply received:

Thank you for your email.

If you are unhappy with the adjudicators decision, rejection of the decision leaves you free to take your matter to another forum. Should you choose to pursue this course of action, we recommend that you seek independent legal advice.

In relation to your CISAS case, the adjudicators deision is final.

thanks for your reply BTW.

Comment

Have a look through the following links, see if that helps you regards your complaint -

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/general/

Comment

Have a look through the following links, see if that helps you regards your complaint -

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/general/
          Thanks for that, but it states that it cannot investigate decisions or process...

Comment

Depending on what happened (you could take them to the small claims court, providing you can state your losses), we don't know, poor customer service and breach of contract covers quite a bit regards failures by Virgin Media.

Comment

Depending on what happened (you could take them to the small claims court, providing you can state your losses), we don't know, poor customer service and breach of contract covers quite a bit regards failures by Virgin Media.
              I think this exactly is the type of advice I'm looking for.

This is exactly where cisas is letting down; I may be wrong but they should be acting as a deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by calog View Post

I think this exactly is the type of advice I'm looking for.

This is exactly where cisas is letting down; I may be wrong but they should be acting as a deterrent.
                Virgin Media pay them a fee to look into their complaints, it could be as much as £550 plus. So they can come out with 'stupid decisions'.

As said previously 'I've had dealing with CEDR, the CEO likes 'shouting' I can say that much.'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X