• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Water bills help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water bills help

A couple of years ago I was helping out a young man with learning difficulties who had got in a muddle with his bills. He owed a lot of money to Anglian Water because he simply didn’t understand the bills and just let them pile up. I think he owed about £1500. I got in touch with them and they told me about a scheme they do whereby if they pay their bills on the dot for a year they would consider writing off the debt. I made sure he paid every month from then on and after a year they wrote to say they had written the rest off which was quite a substantial sum. It was some sort of hardship scheme and it worked because now he pays his bill as soon as he gets it.

Tags: None

Hi twohoots that sounds like "The Anglian Water Assistance Fund"

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi twohoots that sounds like "The Anglian Water Assistance Fund"
      That’s exactly right Des. I couldn’t remember the name when I was typing. I was very impressed with the person I spoke to on the phone and also how promptly they replied at the end of the year to tell us the rest of the debt was written off. We did have to fill in forms at the beginning but they weren’t too bad. Thought it might help somebody else.

Comment

I'm not sure if all water companies have assistance funds, but certainly most do and they are run as registered charities,
        They often do more than just help with water bills.

Comment

I'm not sure if all water companies have assistance funds, but certainly most do and they are run as registered charities,
          They often do more than just help with water bills.

I wish United Utilities have similar scheme. I lost income during start of covid 19 and missed payment now I ve got some work because am self employed they've refused to agreed any payment plan rather they said I should speak to DCA, it was Advantis now ORBiT. They're very difficult to deal with it. Bills are high they said there could be a leak but I should sort that out. On top of that they registered Default on my credit file and regularly update it. I will appreciate any advise or help by anyone here.. thank you

Comment

United Utilities Trust Fund: https://www.uutf.org.uk/

Comment

United Utilities Trust Fund: https://www.uutf.org.uk/
              Thanks for this link. I have registered with UU Trust fund and they are matching £58 I pay per month pound to pound

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X