• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Avro closure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avro closure

I was transferred to Octopus after Avro went bust. I followed the info from Octopus to open account etc. I went in to view my bill and was shocked to see I owed well over £800. Of course I queried this and was told they had taken the last gas reading from Avro and the initial reading I gave them and that was the reason. After investigation turns out Avro ignored my gas meter readings that were sent along with my electric readings every month. They estimated and kept my gas bills down to the bare minimum, can only think as I was on a fixed tariff and they couldn.t up it it would somehow benefit them.
    I wondered if it they were in the wrong to ignore my readings and if so what can I do about that now. Also if indeed I do owe for the missing gas then I do not agree to be charged by Octopus for them as they are over double the rate I was paying at Avro and that to me is unfair I don't owe Octopus but I may owe Avro.
    Any ideas anyone on what I can do not having much luck with Octopus on this as I told them I wouldn't pay that amount so the figure has gone off my account along with any gas info.
    Tags: None

You have given Octopus Energy the latest reading for gas and electricity, they will bill you correctly going forward.
    The previous billing can be dealt with by the Avro administrators when they are appointed. You need to explain clearly what you saying, with the evidence you have. You were providing correct readings, instead of using those, Avro continued using estimated reading for the gas. Octopus Energy will have no involvement in retrospective billing which is incorrect.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...octopus-energy
    Avro Energy’s administrators

Administrators: Alvarez & Marsal Europe LLP

Address: Alvarez & Marsal Europe LLP, Suite 3 Regency House, 91 Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2NW.

Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7715 5200

Email: INS-AVROEL@alvarezandmarsal.com

Comment

I think we need some clarity on industry policy regarding outstanding arrears transferred over with accounts from collapsed companies. This would probably be something we can find out from the energy regulator as to what should happen.
      Like you Enaid, I think old rates will definitely be applied and this is why the amount has vanished from your Octopus account. As we know these debts never completely vanish so it will be a matter of finding out how it is to be collected, presumably by the administrators.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

From OfGem
        I’m paying back debt. Will I still pay this to my new supplier?

This depends on what your new supplier agrees with your old supplier’s administrators.

You will need to pay back the debt to your new supplier if they arrange to take on customer debts from your old supplier.

You will not need to pay back the debt to your new supplier if they don’t make this arrangement. However, you may have to continue to pay it back to your old supplier or their administrator.

The new supplier will explain how things will work after we have appointed them.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Yes I am not unwilling to pay what I owe just unwilling to pay Octopus as they have calculated at their rates which are much higher than Avro. I would also like very much to know just why Avro ignored my gas meter readings that went along my electric ones which they used. There must be a reason for this but i can't fathom out what. I did check my balance monthly and there were no signs things were going wrong sadly I didn't check the calculations my fault I know.

Comment

All these collapses are down to OFGEM thinking they are creating a market, in reality they were issuing licences for the sake of issuing licences. I've had far too much communication with OFGEM, even the chap who issues the licences.

Comment

If you need help with this just give me a shout.

Comment

Well there is nothing on Octopus regarding my gas account at present and when looking at my bills just the last electric bill from Avro. Am not going to phone them I will just hang fire until they decide to sort it or I hear from the administrators. Thanks both for your input.
                I will add I have never had a smooth change over either for a house move or going for better deals so it's pretty obvious the regulator is not fit for purpose. You just have to flick through FB on the Together Energy thread to see what a nightmare they are and are still getting away with it. I was once with them myself.

Comment

Good luck with it Enaid. Keep an eye on your dates and remember the back billing code, there could be an issue here that your bills have been incorrect for a while and that the energy supplier that went bust cannot collect all of it? Worth exploring depending on how long this goes on for.
                  https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information...-billing-rules

Comment

Might be an idea to send Octopus a SAR, might help when the administrators ask for any outstanding payment.

Comment

I have basically the same problem. Transferred to EDF bill sent from them for well over £200. previous supplier £58. A month cannot get the last reading,

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
                        I have basically the same problem. Transferred to EDF bill sent from them for well over £200. previous supplier £58. A month cannot get the last reading,
                        It should be straightforward to resolve. Just make sure both energy companies aren't charging you for the same usage.

Comment

Am slowly making progress with this but can not believe how much more Octopus charge than any other company I have used. Suppose that's why they still in business true but I can not be cold so must ay pay pay lol xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X