• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Prac / BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prac / BW Legal

Hi.

I took ownership of a house March 13 2018 and switched energy supplier which became effective April 25 2018, so am liable for charges for this period.

E.On sent me a bill for £275.99 for this period which I disputed because the house was unoccupied (some small gas usage for this period to prevent freezing pipes etc)

I disputed bill with E.On as there had been an exaggerated estimated final reading taken at switchover. They told me to contact Avro Energy (new supplier) to raise a 'read dispute'.

I did this and Avro calculated a revised final reading far lower than the original estimated one, and sent a formal proposal to E.On for them to calculate a revised final bill, but they seemingly never did this.

BW Legal have now sent me a letter (addressed to 'The Occupier') saying the 'debt' has been transferred to PRAC, including the offer of a 70% discount for full and final settlement.

What do people normally do here? Write back to BW Legal and acknowledge receipt (even though they don't yet have my name) but dispute the amount?

Tempted to pay it as I do owe E.On something for standing charges and some small usage of gas, so I would be paying maybe a £40-50 premium to make it all go away.

Thanks

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi HORSFORTH

Write a Full and Final Settlement offer letter to them, link below, work out what you owe them (demonstrate it).

See what they come back with. You could consider making a complaint against EON with the Services Ombudsman Service because they haven't amended the amount owed, which was worked out by Avro.

You could consider sending EON a SAR, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account, which will help you with your complaint to the Services Ombudsman.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...tlement-offer/

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X