• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eon Compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eon Compensation

Hi All
    looking for some advice, I'm under Eon Vulnerable customer, In July I had a Smart Prepayment meter fitted,When I enquired about this an called to make the appointment I was told this is best for me,I've been on prepayment for 11yrs an its easier for me,The lady asked thousands of questions an it was arranged 3rd July for a Smart Prepayment meter fitted,The guy come fitted the meters and as he was about to leave I asked how I top them up,He said I cant as Eon sent him with Credit Meters, I put a complaint in on that day ,I got a call from the complaint team an another appointment was made for Aug 4th,This time the correct meter was fitted,The day after the lady dealing with my complaint called to say she could no longer deal with it an it would be sent over to the prepayment team an said someone would call me in the next 2 days, I waited over a week still nothing ,I then get email to say I owe them 155.00 for 4 weeks electric and Gas,I immediately tried to phone after waiting 58 minutes to get through I was told someone is dealing with it an will get back to me,By this time my Anxiety an mood fell apart, I suffer with Mental health issues, Social Anxiety an severe depression they know this it's on my file,Yet still nobody contacted me,I have not had to call my Mental health Nurse cor over a year(she phones me once a week)In the 3 weeks this has gone on I've called her 4 times unable to cope with the stress an Anxiety an frustration, She searched an found the CEO email an told me to contact them,I did an at the stage where today was asked what would be my ideal resolution, I said I want my account cleared as there is no way I owe this money an i said i wanted compensation for myself for the hell they have put me through ,He said he will call me tomorrow with something, So I dont know a figure to say so any realistic ideas would be so helpful, It got to the point last week that whilst on live chat to them I threatened suicide with a note blaming Eon ,20 minutes later the police were at my door who found me in a state ,Its affected me so badly in the head,I've never had debt in my life hence having prepayment for both electric and gas, I hope this makes sense.
    Tags: None

I hope your feeling much better now and have some control over the situation. It really is what you are happy with in order to settle the matter, only you know how much stress and anxiety they put you through due to their failures.

Comment

I'm getting there thank you,Now just getting anxious over the phone call tomorrow, I really dont know what to ask for or what is reasonable, I haven't slept or eaten properly since this is going on ,Even the Policeman said do not let them getaway with this,But what is the correct amount for Stress an Anxiety. Thank you though it's good to know someone is there to help .

Comment

To make the call tomorrow less stressful, write down what you want to say, maybe read through it a couple of times. I'd ask for a £100 and see what they say, what ever they offer allow yourself some thinking time on the offer (as long as it doesn't stress you out).

Comment

I have wrote a few things like where has the credit gone that were on my meters before the change, I'm willing to pay for what I used in the 4 weeks, Why has it taken this long to sort out considering I'm a vulnerable customer, I want also to make sure they put something in place so this cant happen to other customers like myself that is really important to me,As for Compensation I will take your advice that sounds right an fair .Thank you so much for your input you really don't know how much it helped .Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by buds68 View Post
            I have wrote a few things like where has the credit gone that were on my meters before the change, I'm willing to pay for what I used in the 4 weeks, Why has it taken this long to sort out considering I'm a vulnerable customer, I want also to make sure they put something in place so this cant happen to other customers like myself that is really important to me,As for Compensation I will take your advice that sounds right an fair .Thank you so much for your input you really don't know how much it helped .Thank you
            Excellent thoughts, you want the credit that was on your previous meters before the change credited to you, plus £100 compensation. Let us know how you get on. Don't get stressed by them.

Comment

I will update as soon as I have had the conversation with them, Thanks again

Comment

Would a credit meter and paying a monthly direct debit not be easier, and cheaper for you? Paying the same sum every month over the year.

the credit rates are normally cheaper than prepayment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X