• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Npower help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npower help

Hi
    ive got an ongoing problem with Npower and coukd really use some help. They are taking me to court for a £14k bill in 2009. Is there anyone here I could talk with. I can pay. Don’t have much but really need some input. I live in Sussex. Thanks
    Tags: None

Is it possible you can explain more about how all this came about and what has happened since 1999. That way you will hopefully get more interested.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I previously gave a long explanation on 15/10 but it’s such a long story and I didn’t get any replies. I would like some advice as to what to emphasise in my defence.
      They have given a statement as evidence to the court dating back to 2008. The closing balance is over £14k in debit. Within that on some days there is over £20k of invoices. Credits and debits of £40k in a short period. I also have yearly statements showing usage per year. They are taking me to court for electricity used 1/5/12 to October 2018 when I asked them to split the account so I felt I wouldn’t be in danger of them cutting off or putting in a prepayment meter. The account is now split.
      mon 1/5/12 my statement (sent to me by Wilkins chapman) shows a CREDIT balance of £5k.
      Taking that as the start and adding in all electric used and taking off all payments made from 1/5/12 to October 2018 when account split comes out that I owe them around £5k. (Often during this time, for months when I went to pay online my account balance would show a credit balance so I didn’t pay anything when a credit balance paid as it said I coukd use the credit balance to pay my bill)
      I said to Wilkins Chapman can we agree on the £5k balance and arrange a payment plan. They said they would go back to Npower which took a few weeks. Then I was told my calculations were incorrect as all payments made after May 2012 had been allocated to the debt before May 2012!!! Even though the statement on my account showed a credit balance at 1/4/2012 and in an email from Wilkins chapman when asking what period the debt they were chasing was they told me my account was not in debt prior to 1/5/2012.
      The documents they have supplied to the court is the long statement going from 2008 (which starts with a £2000 credit balance as we have been in house since 2004) and what causes the problem is the invoice in 2009 of £14k.

can they allocate payments made after 1/5/2012 to before that date?
      the statement going back to 2008 that they have sent to the court does not at all correspond to the statements on my account - should I emphasise this in my defence?
      Wilkins Chapman sent me both forms of statement.
      shoukd I ask them to explain the enormous amount of credits and debits as I say sometimes £20k, £40k in a few days in my defence?
      The ombudsman looked at my case in 2016. I was under enormous stress and anxiety regarding this as at that time it had already been going on for 7 years. I was verbally told it was the worst case the investigator had seen. But it went to the longest time and they found in Npower’s favour. I was told on the phone and didn’t read through the paperwork when it was emailed through so didn’t realise I coukd appeal (I know , incredibly stupid!) so didn’t. Reading it now apparently Npower didn’t receive a VAT declaration back from me to ascertain the house wasn’t a business (?) therefore they didn’t apply backbilling policy to the £14k invoice in 2009.
      if I gave them a VAT declaration now relating to that period would they have to look at backbilling?

I have to send my defence in to the court by the end of this week. I sent the Acknowledgment within the timeframe to give me 28 days for defence. Can this defence I send now be added to? Can I say something on the form to say this in ‘legal speak’.
      if there is anyone who coukd help me at all I would be enormously grateful.
      thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X