• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Npower still chasing debt proved not correct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npower still chasing debt proved not correct

My husband received bills from npower for an address he lived at in 2012. He left in 2013 advising them of this fact and paying the final bill. When he received the first correspondence in 2017 he sent proof he was at a different address from 2013 to 2014 and then he has been on the council tax where we live since then. The bills use the dates 2013 to 2017. The first collections people closed the case but now there are two more different companies chasing the same debt. Of course npower won't speak to him. Is there anything he can do as this is almost harassment! Thanks.
    Tags: None

Hi

It's possible that NPower have sold the alleged debt to a debt purchase company.
    What are the names of the companies now chasing it?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It was past due credit who accepted the evidence and closed they accounts. We now have Wescot and there was another I don't have details to hand as he's at work. They've also been sent the c tax information. Thanks

Comment

Ok

It would help if you cn find out the name of the other firm who is chasing.

Meanwhile snd one of these to NPower, keep a copy & get proof of sending.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Will ask as soon as hubby is back from work. Thank you

Comment

Morning it's debt managers ltd based in Rotherham

Comment

Originally posted by jorainbow View Post
              Morning it's debt managers ltd based in Rotherham
              They appear to 'wear different hats'.

Have you received a "Goodbye from NPower, Hello from Debt Manager" letter(s)?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

A notice of transfer of sent to new external agency letter

Comment

Ok, that sounds like a notice of legal assignment (though they can sometimes be challenged.)

If so, Debt Managers now own the alleged debt.

It sounds like he might acknowledged it (in writing?) within the last 6 years

Dates are going to be crucial......when was the account 'officially' terminated by NPower?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

2017. He moved out in 2013 and has sent council tax proof to the initial debt collector in 2018 so I'm not sure he has acknowledged owing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by jorainbow View Post
                      2017. He moved out in 2013 and has sent council tax proof to the initial debt collector in 2018 so I'm not sure he has acknowledged owing anything?
                      Ok

Send one of these to both NPower & Debt Managers Ltd.(No charge.)
                      Get proof of sending & keep copies for your records.

The acknowlegement has to be in writing to count
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Ok

Send one of these to both NPower & Debt Managers Ltd.(No charge.)
                        Get proof of sending & keep copis for your records.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks do you mean send proof of him leaving the address i.e council tax records? Not a problem as he already has it stored from the last two!!! Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Ok

*Send one of these to both NPower & Debt Managers Ltd.(No charge.)
                            Get proof of sending & keep copies for your records.

* https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Good morning. We are back on this merry go round. Westcot spoke to npower and despite sending proof of him leaving the address in 2013 (c tax bill to 2014) they now want him to prove where he was from 2014 to 2017. Is this actually legal or any of their business!? He didn't move back and he's been on the electoral roll where we are now since 2015.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X