• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car park enforcement by English company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car park enforcement by English company

Just a question of curiosity, there is a new parking rule in a Scottish private car park which has caused a lot of anger, many people stating that because it is an English enforcement company based in England they would not be able to enforce the pcn in Scotland and you can ignore any penalty notice. Can they come after you under schottish law, can they enforce it?

If the Parking company do not know the identity of the driver, the advice would continue to be to ignore the invoice and not communicate with the parking company at all, and certainly never reveal the identity of the driver, as keeper liability is not yet part of Scottish law.

However Keeper Liability was introduced in the Transport (Scotland) 2019, passed in 2020. but due to a four nations private parking review AFAIK it’s not yet in force (but will have to check now!)
    The mechanism to pursue the keeper is there and will probably come in at sometime

Comment

Hi , I have just received a pcn from an English company and it has my name and my address should I pay it?

Comment

Colin c

What you need to do is start your own thread, giving full details but do not identify the driver (even on here)
        Redacted photo of the document you received would be helpful

Comment

Interesting,I got one of these ,Last Month I checked there was a phone number ,there was, so I go ahead checking other details at no point does it say it uses Number Plate recognition ,park next to a sign , I get asked to Text the reg no , OK it's a bit difficult a bit of arthritis still ,it then asks me to confirm via phone
          Of course it doesn't recognize the accent, & around we go at lease 4 times,I try to use another option to pay the fee , Nope it goes back to the loop
          after 25 min I've had enough,
          But what I have noticed is ,it may have signs but it does give you an escape method effectively you're trapped, if you pursue options It leave potential danger
          The notice sent was dated 04/07/2024 it arrived on the 13/07/2024.

It's been a common trick for many years ,It leads to taking potential Default Action for the money
          What else is in the whole sheebang,?
          They seem to be under GCC remit and are using another 3rd Party

In my case there are a couple of things I don't use Cookies, I can't get the bin timetable , I don't use any Apps (yes I know I accept that)
          I use Hard Wired connections have done since 2015
          I'm sure the company are thoroughly good people and connoisseurs of cheap wine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X