• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Domestic CCTV - Council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic CCTV - Council

Evening Folks.

Just looking for some advice.

Someone had been using our bins for approx. 6 months, so setup a small CCTV attached to a server. Spoke to the ICC and they said as long as I abide by GDPR I should be fine. Keeping video for 2 days then deletion, unless I notice something, then its archived for 30 days and passed to the relevant authorities. Making sure there is a sign on my Windows regarding CCTV being used. Security on the Camera/Network and Server

Council have come around and said I cannot use CCTV as its pointing to communal Area... We are in a Block of Flats 6 in the block.

I have to submit alterations form to the council, which will be retrospectively sent in. And they have come back to say they Refuse my Application. as per the reasons below
    1. Camera views must be restricted to your garden areas designated to the property and the access path to your property only.
    2. Camera Position must not be set so they can record any features of common areas (Public Footpaths & Roadways) or other persons/tenants Areas associated with their property
    Now according to the ICC, I can indeed have a CCTV camera pointed to Common Areas Public Footpaths & Roadways, as per above providing I abide by GDPR and DP. Anyone have advice on this issue, or come across something similar. I can't think for one second there is no other homes in the district of Angus with CCTV that is NOT pointing to a public road/path

Regards
    N

Tags: None

This can be a grey area. Recent developments have restricted what can be recorded to exclude public areas.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
      This can be a grey area. Recent developments have restricted what can be recorded to exclude public areas.
      Cheers for the reply buddy, don't suppose you have a link to anything for this. Gov.uk points to ICC, ICC points to GDPR and DP, both of which are ok with it, depending on how I control data etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X