• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour photographing my children.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour photographing my children.

Hello,

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to stop my neighbour constantly photographing my children aged 13 (son) and 17 (daughter) when they are outside, we live in a row of 4 council houses in a rural location, our neighbour lives in the first house which we have to pass when leaving our property and to put out and take in our bins, she is constantly photographing my children and other neighbours children when they are outside or getting off the school bus, I have spoken to the council who told me to go to the police, when i spoke to the police they told me they can't do anything, my children are getting really upet by this and avoid going outside as much as possible, I feel helpless as a parent as I don't know what to do, I can't approach this woman as she is volatile.

Thanks

Tags: None

Taking photographs of children is not in itself illegal, but if it makes your children feel intimidated or threatened or distresses them it might be classed as harassment

Do the other parents & children feel the same way ?

If they do, a letter signed by all of you, advising her that her actions are distressing the children and must cease.
    As she is now aware of the problem, to continue will be a breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and reported to the police accordingly.

As you will have evidence that she has been put on notice, the police should react to a complaint or you could take action through the civil courts yourself on behalf of the children

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Taking photographs of children is not in itself illegal, but if it makes your children feel intimidated or threatened or distresses them it might be classed as harassment

Do the other parents & children feel the same way ?

If they do, a letter signed by all of you, advising her that her actions are distressing the children and must cease.
      As she is now aware of the problem, to continue will be a breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and reported to the police accordingly.

As you will have evidence that she has been put on notice, the police should react to a complaint or you could take action through the civil courts yourself on behalf of the children
      Thank you for your response, I will talk to the other neighbours and go from there.

Comment

I agree - this may well be harassment - we have acted for clients in the past and successfully obtained non harassment orders from the court in civil cases.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X