• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrested and released without charge, what happens next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested and released without charge, what happens next?

Will try and keep this brief.

I was arrested at my home as someone last year was sent a dirty picture. The police had information that led them to me being a suspect. I was taken to the station and questioned and then released, they said "As far as we're concerned it couldn't have been you so this matter is dead and won't go any further" but I have questions I didn't ask at the time.

Is that really it "dead"? What would normally happen next in these circumstances? Does it just get left? Do they tell the victim they investigated me? Does the victim just get a letter saying case closed?

The police told me the victims name. Is that allowed? Surely there should be some anonymity?

Given the police told me the victims name, am I to presume they'll tell the victim my name?

The interview wasn't recorded. They typed questions and responses on a mobile phone but there was no audio recording. I also wasn't asked to check or sign anything after the interview.

Any help to put my anxiety at ease would be great. Although innocent it's still not a nice experience being dragged away from work in handcuffs and taken in the back of a van (with blood stained walls) to a police station in another town to be held in a cell until questioned etc. I'm paranoid every time the door goes in case they're back to ask more questions and I need to go through it all again.
    Tags: None

Duplicate thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X