• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Phone confiscated without valid reason, can anyone help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone confiscated without valid reason, can anyone help?

Just last week I was stopped by a police van around 11pm and at that time my phone was on me and the 2 officers (one male and one female) came out the van and started asking questions. At this time my phone camera is on and the two officers are on video, they then ask for my details and I refuse. I stated that "I have not committed a crime and so do not have to give my details". The two officers then said "okay that's fine as long as your okay" then they go back in their van and off then went. A few minutes later, no longer than 10 minutes another 2 officers stopped me (both males) and started asking the same questions the last officers asked. AGAIN my phone camera is on and recording. The officers ask for my name and I ask why they start shouting at me then ask for my address and when I ask why they slap the handcuffs on me and confiscate my mobile phone. They confiscated my mobile phone without giving me a reason, and after being released from custody they are still not giving me a valid reason. I have got in contact with 101 so many times regarding this and they stated that you would have to speak to the officer in charge of the case in order to find out more. My phone has nothing that they could use against me. for example the videos on there would show a unlawful arrest. ANYONE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT HERE?

IT IS A £1200 PHONE, I HAVE ONLY HAD IT FOR 2 MONTHS. I NEED IT TO WORK FROM HOME.

IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME?

I AM IN NEED OF HELP REGARDING THIS?

THERE IS NOTHING ON THAT PHONE THAT THEY WOULD HAVE CONFISCATED IT FOR

THEY NEVER GAVE ME A VALID REASON

I NEED HELP
    Tags: None

were you arrested? What was the charge?

Comment

Yes I was arrested, the charges were failing to provide details and resisting arrest both fabricated. The phone has nothing incriminating on it, if anything it has the 2 videos of the officers showing an unlawful arrest. The videos would work against the 2 officers that arrested me rather than me. I was not told why it was confiscated though. IT HAS NOTHING INCRIMINATING, and what is worrying is when tracking the phone down via icloud.com/find and it is showing to be behind someone's private backyard property. THIS IS ABSOLUTLEY HAUNTING ME AT THE MOMENT, I CANNOT SLEEP AT NIGHT BECAUSE OF THIS

Comment

Get yourself to a solicitor and get them to contact the Police if you are so worried. Out of interest why did you not cooperate?

Comment

Because the 2 officers earlier (one male and one female) had already dismissed in regards to the exact same thing(THIS IS SHOWN ON THE VIDEO FOOTAGE ON MY MOBILE PHONE), YOU obviously didn't care to read the original post. Why did you not cooperate? what do you mean, just cannot wait for a civil case and to take action against the 2 thugs in uniform. never ever have been in trouble with them before.

Comment

"Get yourself a solicitor and get them to contact the police if you are so worried" you are talking down to me in a degrading manner as if you are my master don't worry that side of it has already been sorted, and CCTV footage of where they confiscated my mobile phone has been requested from my local council under a Subject Access Request. Just incase they deny ever taking my phone off me, I also have a live screen recording logging into icloud.com/find to track my phone and it is showing to be in someone else's private property

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUeS...nel=Crimebodge

Comment

I did read the original post. It did not tell me why you refused to cooperate when stopped a second time. Yes you were clearly annoyed at being stopped but why not give them your name and address when asked? These are the kind of questions you will be asked should the matter ever reach court. I am talking to you not as your "master" (which is laughable) but as a Magistrate who may well be sentencing you unless you have proper legal representation hence the response. The video did not help. And by the way I am not one of those "judges and juries" mentioned in the video who always think the Police are right and telling the truth - I have my own reasons to take each case of this kind on its merits. Also the Police may have their own body worn footage which will also be produced.
                Last edited by islandgirl; 16th April 2021, 18:14:PM.

Comment

Would just point out that under sections 164 &165 of Road Traffic Act 1988 a driver must, at the request of a constable, provide his name and address.

It would seem that you failed to do so and were arrested quite lawfully.

I wish you luck with your defence, but would suggest you don't shout at the magistrate.

Comment

Using capital letters to is used indicate a strong feeling may be the most famous example of typographical tone of voice. It does not mean shouting, anyway all I want to convey is, from example if a computer technician does a bad job the worst case scenario that could happen is a computer not working, or if a cleaner does not do their job properly then a certain location would not be clean, or if a programmer does not do their job properly then a program would not run due to errors, or if an accountant did not do their job properly then things would not audit correctly and analysing financial performance would not be accurate. HOWEVER if a Police Constable does not do their job properly then this is a lot of burden to take on an innocent member of the public. For example ruin that persons life or reputation (possibly make it harder to get a job in future if convicted of a crime). The first two officers (one male and one female) were professional in every single way and form and acted within reason (THIS COULD BE SEEN ON THE FOOTAGE RECORDED). HOWEVER a few minutes later when I am approached by (2 male officers) and they ask me the exact same questions and their attitude is not within reason (THIS IS ALSO RECORDED IN PUBLIC). It obviously makes me extremely concerned.

Comment

I have people that depend on me, I need to make a living working from home, have never been to a court in my life, you can understand why I am upset, crying everyday about this.

Comment

"Would just point out that under sections 164 &165 of Road Traffic Act 1988 a driver must, at the request of a constable, provide his name and address" buddy I was not driving?

I was stopped while on foot?

I have a drivers licence for a car and a bus, ex first bus driver and I am only 22 years of age.

AND WOULD YOU WANT TO GUESS HOW MANY POINTS I HAVE ON MY LICENCE?

A BIG FAT ZERO!

Comment

My apologies, I read what was not there.

Under the circumstances you describe I think islandgirl 's advice that you find yourself a solicitor used to dealing with illegal stops by the police is the best way forward for you.
                          It might well be that you will be advised in the first place to use the force's own complaint's procedure, whilst they try and have the charge withdrawn before it reaches court.

Comment

Good advice, You need legal help and I still wonder why not just provide the information when requested?

Comment

You are okay that is fine, people misread things sometimes that is absolutely fine thank you for being honest DES8, I really appreciate it. Sorry what information are you regarding being requested?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X