• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoosmiths Payment Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoosmiths Payment Plan

Hi hopefully someone can help me, I live in Scotland and in June/July of 2018 I recieved a Simple Procedure from Shoosmiths on behalf of SSE Hydro for outstanding gas arrears. The amount was approximately £900. I disputed due to the fact I had moved out of the property in the May of 2017 and they were trying to claim up to October 2017. They also stated it was for electricity, when I paid by key meter.

They amended dates etc and I accepted liabilty for approx £700 of gas debt. I went into an agreement out with court to pay Shoosmiths £40 a month to clear the balance.

I've so far paid £520. However, on Friday I came home from work to a letter from SSE Hydro informing me that I had a balance of £484.88 to be paid and asked me to call. On the back it gave me a breakdown of the 'adjustments'. These include £226.07 of Litigation Fees, Litigation Interest and 5% VAT for every single fee and interest payment added on.

Not once was it said that I would continue to receive fees and charges, if it had I would of found a way to make higher payments. I'm not in a position to clear this debt off in one go. SSE wont speak to me despite the letter coming from them, they have a note on my account telling whoever's takes my call to direct me to court recovery (opening hours mon-fri so no resolution over the weekend).

Firstly; are they allowed to keep adding fees and interest on top when I am continuing to pay as agreed?

Secondly; if it is allowed, apart from selling a kidney what can I do to stop them adding so much interest?

I feel like I'm going to be paying this off forever!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X