• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scottish Simple Procedure / Time Barred?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Simple Procedure / Time Barred?

Hi, can someone enlighten me on time barring in Scotland, I'm getting conflicting information.

Currently challenging credit card debt that defaulted Sep 2014 ... case first called in May 2019.

Does the fact that proceedings were issued in March 2019 negate the time bar I.e. September 2019?

Many thanks if someone can fill me in with the, what seems to be, prescription law in Scotland as it stands.
    Tags: None

Was a default notice served in Sep 14? If then or later then unlikely to have timebarred. You may well have a number of other defences however....who is suing?

Comment

Hi Sottishsolicitor, sorry, just picked up ur comment.

Yes, they say a default notice was served on Sep 14.

Shoesmith/Arrow are suing.

Shoosmiths are dragging their feet about sending docs.

Wondering if I should ask Sheriff at next case management to go straight to proof? ... I.e. if they dont have the required docs then a dismissal?

Any help appreciated, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ScottishSolicitor View Post
        Was a default notice served in Sep 14? If then or later then unlikely to have timebarred. You may well have a number of other defences however....who is suing?
        Hi, sorry, just picked this up.

Yes, they say default notice was Sep 14.

Shoesmith/ Arrow are suing.

Shoesmith dragging feet on documents.

Wondering on asking sheriff at next case management meeting to go straight to proof.?

Any help appreciated. Cheers

Comment

Send me a private message and I should be able to be of assistance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X