• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is My Internet connection slower than a Snail?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is My Internet connection slower than a Snail?

Saw the free Open office thread and thought great I'd download it . Slight problem, overlooked the fact that I can't get Broadband and am still on crappy dial-up:rant:. It's taken 20 mins to download 2% of the file presently downloading @ 4.7kb a second.

Re: Is My Internet connection slower than a Snail?

Is My Internet connection slower than a Snail?
    the answer is yes rofl :okay:

Comment

PS that is an estimated 16.5 hours to download that file, is it worth it??

Comment

PPS why cant you get BB??

Comment

Gonna give up. Think I'll request the CD or get my son to download at uni.
          the problem with the broad band is that there's another larger village between us an the exchange and BT keep connecting new customers. They upgraded the exchange but wont lay new cables. Cable Broadband not yet available in this area.
          (5% downloaded)

Comment

YOu can get a disk sent to you, you dont have to download

Ile get the details for you

PKea

Comment

Here are the details for distributors

they should only charge you a few quid to cover postege etc

distribution: CD-Rom Buyers' page

Let us know how much they charge before you do this.

If you are coming to the Petey Meet, I will do you a copy for the price of a pint..lol

PKea

Comment

Oh I remember this now you mention it lol
                Last edited by enaid; 10th May 2008, 12:51:PM.

Comment

Right download cancelled. I'll send off for disk.(lot quicker):jaw:
                  Thanks Pkea.
                  Going now to have a strong cup of coffee and calm myself down

Comment

What a calamity! hey Jane...........LOL

Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Update. Neighbour now has Broadband. Guess who's going to order hers after Christmas?:santa2:

Comment

Nice one.
                        have a look at this thread: Broadband speed comparison - Legal Beagles and the Link to Samknows to help with your choice of provider.

Personally, I wouldn't touch BT with a ten footer, there are better suppliers out there.
                        If you have Sky, you can have their service as a simple, low cost, bolt on.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                          Nice one.
                          have a look at this thread: Broadband speed comparison - Legal Beagles and the Link to Samknows to help with your choice of provider.

Personally, I wouldn't touch BT with a ten footer, there are better suppliers out there.
                          If you have Sky, you can have their service as a simple, low cost, bolt on.
                          Only problem is that according to all the other providers /websites is that when I check to see availability all the sites say not available in our area. BT can only guarantee about 0.5MB, and if the power goes off and we're disconnected, they'd have to come out and reset it up.

Comment

Samknows site will advise on what's available in your area.
                            If BT are only saying 512, then it sounds like you are on the very edge of DSL connections,
                            6+km from your exchange.

Now this can be over come by requesting that BT increase the gain on your line, basically boosting the signal.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X