• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Russians have invaded my computer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russians have invaded my computer.

As a follow on to my last post about the virus that has invaded my computer, I can now confirm it is a rootkit virus, sent by some russian fraudsters. It has hijacked my keys, so I am not allowed to do any onling banking. The malicious program is a type of virus known as a rootkit and it tries to overwrite part of a computer's hard drive called the Master Boot Record (MBR). This is where a computer looks when it is switched on for information about the operating system it will be running. It has been monitoring every key I press and now has my banking details. I have contacted the bank, they will be keeping an eye on all transactions. I have spywarebot, even that is unable to get rid of it.

SO BEWARE.

Best wishes,
    Hod..Liam...
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Re: The Russians have invaded my computer.

Right this could be a complicated one.

You have spybot?

Boot up in safe mode, then run a full check with spybot, plua anti virus software.
    See if this turns anything up.

Have you got a name for the virus.

As these are ever changing defences have to changed as well as repair tools.
    I have a tool to repair some, but it may not work for your virus.

If you have a name I can get some detailed info fo you.

PKea

Comment

Hi Pkea,

I have a few names for it, The main one is conhook, that has infected 11 of my keys. trouble is if I turn the computer off it spreads throughout the whole system infecting all files keys and folders. Another is called Advertising.

Thanks,
      Hod..Liam..
      Last edited by Happyolddog; 14th January 2008, 17:27:PM. Reason: added too

Comment

Ok I will do a bit of research tonight for you.

Have a read here in the mean time
        (READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) - Safer Networking Forums

PKea

Comment

I have done a bit of looking around and this seems to be the easist way to deal with the problem.

This is a right pain in the ass of a trojan and i have had a similar one a couple of years ago.

Webuser Forums: ConHook.D, how to remove?

Let me know if you need anymore help with it

PKea

Comment

You can also get AVG anti rootkit which will help with rootkits, obviously. It's free from the AVG website.

Comment

In the end I made a list and contacted Dell, here is the list; Vundo, Conhook, tradedoubler, Serving-sys, mediaplex, doubleclick, ATDMT. All are B'studs. As are the ar**holes who develop viruses. luckily my computer was still in warranty and the kind people at dell took remote control of my computer saved the important files and erased everything else. it was like getting a new computer. Now as to avoid any more viruses I have Norton protection and mozilla firefox for browsing, I have locked access to my sons and daughter so no more viruses.
              Thanks.
              Hod..Liam..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X