• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

belkin wireless G

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belkin wireless G

can any one help me with a problem I am having with this Belkin wireless G adapter.
    It worked fine until I changed my Router to the BT Homehub
    HomeHub is connected by ethernet cable to main pc
    3 computers connected wirelessly
    laptop on occasions connected wirelessly
    son has a wireless card not a good signal tho,so bought the belkin adapter so that he could also connect his x box 360 to play online this boosted his signal.
    When I changed to the homehub all worked apart from the adapter have managed to go into the settings to change the key but it won't transfer it to the adapter keeps coming up with an error code sorry can't remember it now.I know I am not very good at explaining myself I have tried doing this two different computers and also connecting it by ethernet cable to the homehub still get the same problem.
    Any one else had this problem?
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Re: belkin wireless G

When it happens again can you post the error code on here and I am sure we can find out what the problem is and ways to resolve it

Comment

Thanks Nattie will do:okay:
      Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Which router have you got set up on the pc you shouldnt need both.

imho the bt hub is crap mine kept crashing.

Comment

Hi Mistie,

Got the BT homehub connected by ethernet cable to main pc,I am having problems with the belkin adapter,it connects wirelessly to the homehub (well should) so that he can plug his x box 360 by ethernet cable,

Hope this helps,he is away to college so will have plenty time to sort it out.

Comment

Hi SL

Can you just confrim what you have connected to what please

ie
            pc#1 thorugh ethernet to Hub
            pc#2 through unknown wireless to Hub
            xbox thorugh belkin adapter to hub

It sounds to me like you are trying to connect to your hub with BOTH the ethernet and wirelessly, or that may be my reading of it.

Wireless networks can be a major pain, it only takes one bit set wrong and the whle thing can go wrong.

Also can you post the model number and driver file name of the belkin adapter if you know this info. I have an unbranded Belkin adaptor that alwys crashes due to the driver sys file.

PKea

Comment

ok have you put the code in on the back of the hub so it links the usb wifi to the hub....

Comment

Hi

pc#1 connected by ethernet to homehub (downstairs)
                pc#2 connected by bt wireless card (upstairs)
                pc#3 connected by belkin wireless card (upstairs)
                pc#4 connected by belkin wireless card (upstairs) not good signal
                Belkin Wireless G ethernet adapter model F5D7330 sorry can't find the driver version (have put it in a safe place)this is used in the same room as pc#4 to connect x box 360

had the same set up with the Bt voyager 2100 and averything worked fine.Everything but the belkin adapter is working fine it was just a two minute job to change the security key and hey presto worked.

Mistie hi
                ok have you put the code in on the back of the hub so it links the usb wifi to the hub....

okay you have completly lost me here,don't have any usb wifi,(sorry to be dumb) they are all wireless cards and they are all working fine.Just the problem with the wireless ethernet adapter.

Comment

Have a look here SL, this may help
                  F5D7330 PPPOA XBOX Set up

I will also try and think of other reasons.

PKea

Comment

sorry ,

i used wifi usb adap, you are using a belkin wireless card, do you not have to put the code in that at the back off the hub to connect any wifi use ( not connected to main pc) to the hub. Its just i know i had to put a code in to use my usb wifi connection stick...(not techno).msl:

In fact i ended up going back to my voyager as well.

Comment

Thanks for that will have a better read of that later on, I can get as far as the end where is says it will now send the info to the ethernet adapter then I get the error message, I will try later on and let you know how I get on.
                      He has taken the x box with him to his sisters as he is staying there while he is at college,so wouldn't be able to finish the process.

Thank for all the help and advice.:okay:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X