• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Crappy PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy PC

this is the problem i have, me PC works fine, but when ever i d/l something or install a new large program/game it crashed and i get the BSOD. Usually a reformat sorts the problem out for a bit.

I was wondering if it was my HD or Mobo? if HD is there a small program that would fix it or would i be better off getting a new one?

Re: Crappy PC

Next time you get the BSOD write down all the codes and detail, as it DOES mean something.

What stuff are you 'd/l'ing and tryind to install. ie type of software, games, utilities etc.

have you installed any new hardware?, XP or vista

A few Q's to be starting with

PKea

Comment

not had the BSOD tonight, but i do have XP professional and it happens when i install progs like FM07, nero basically large progs and d/l large files

Comment

Reet i tried installing FM07 and had the following BSOD msg

"Kernal_stack_Inpage_Error"

"Technical Information

*** Stop: 0x00000077 (0xc0000185, 0xc0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00F06000)"

that makes no sense to me lol

Comment

Not Good News I think, maybe a Boot sector virus on your hard drive, which is why it rights itself when you reformat it.

More Info Here from Microsoft
          Troubleshooting

Comment

Hmmm, me anti-virus doesn't pick anything up, im still leaning towards a dodgy h/d

cheers PK

Comment

Have you tried running your anti virus in safe mode?

Also which anti virus are you using Sol?
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

forgot about virus scanning in safe mode lol, cheers mate. will have to do that when i get up later.

I`m using AVG

Comment

Also Sol , just to satisfy my own curiosity , is the PC a Packard Bell/HP/Hewlett Packard by any chance?
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

no it isnt, its one i built meself lol

Comment

Thanks Sol ,

Was asking because they are notorious ,in my experience , for it

Comment

I wouldnt know, i`ve never had one lol.

Altho a new update....

virus/spyware scanned in safe mode and showed nothing

checked disk integrity, and there was a few bad sectors that were fixed but now it crashes as soon as it loads so am using safe mode with network assistance lol.

May have to flatten me system now :gun:

Comment

Maybe i should get a new one but got a new prob lol

Whenever i try to back films up on my DVD writer it appears to burn but the DVD player fails to recognise the disk and if i put it back in the pc i get the msg ` This disk may be corrupt or is written in a code windows doesnt recognise`

I`ve tried several disks and one from a different batch, but it backs up my audio files

Comment

what u using to burn cds, which program and version

Comment

I`ve tried Nero 7 premium and dvd shrink 3.2, the thing is they`ve both worked in the past.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X