• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BTC Keyboard and Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTC Keyboard and Vista

Got a little issue with BTC Keyboard and wondered if anyone had any idea's.

This software keeps crashing my system, then on reboot up pops the Problem Reports and Solution window saying the following:

The problem was caused by BTC Keyboard. BTC Keyboard was created by BTC. This product is no longer supported by the manufacturer.
    Recommendation
    A newer version of BTC Keyboard is available for purchase from BTC.
    For more information about how to purchase the latest version of BTC Keyboard, go online to the BTC website.
    If you do not want to install the latest version of this product, you might continue to receive problem reports like this one. We recommend that you remove BTC Keyboard to increase the stability of your computer.

Now I'm not for an upgrade and don't fancy removing software incase its the main driver for the keyboard. I've googled and not found much apart from reference to USB keyboard. I wondered if this software is for a USB keyboard if it is I'll get rid.

Any ideas guys??? thanks in advance

Re: BTC Keyboard and Vista

I will have a look around when i get a minute,
    but as present I am in the middle of reinstalling everything onto my system cos it went crash this morning.
    The joys of modern technology

Oh my first guess on your problem would be Vista

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post

Oh my first guess on your problem would be Vista
      your not kidding!!! Vista has caused not end of problems with compatibility issue's.
      I'm that close to removing it and going back to XP Prof but can't be bothered to through the agro.

Comment

not that much agro, aside from formatting the HDD and reinstalling everything of course

Comment

yeah I know :rolleyes:

but i still got about 30gig of films and music i aint put on disc yet and i dont have a spare H/D

Comment

legal ones... obviously

Thats 7 x 4.7gb DVD-r discs you need to find

Comment

If it is a problem running in vista, can you not right click on the program, properties, compatability and then click to run the prog in XP mode?

Ive had to do this with a couple of older progs i still use, and it works a treat.

I dont have a bad word to say about Vista, i think its great, much more reliable than anything ive ever used!

Comment

I cant run in XP mode, I dont have XP and only home edition of Vista

The BTC software was originally compatible when I got the lappy with Vista already installed from dixon digital or whatever it's called now.

It's only yesterday that the BTC Keyboard software is no longer supported by the manufacturer, is that BTC dont support the keyboard software or windows no longer support BTC.....I dunno

I'm not that clued up with techy stuff. :witch:

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix View Post
                  I cant run in XP mode, I dont have XP and only home edition of Vista , Try what i said above, you dont need XP to run in XP mode, right click the program, left click properties, at the top of the box left click compatability, then you will see the box, click run in XP mode

The BTC software was originally compatible when I got the lappy with Vista already installed from dixon digital or whatever it's called now.

It's only yesterday that the BTC Keyboard software is no longer supported by the manufacturer, is that BTC dont support the keyboard software or windows no longer support BTC.....I dunno

I'm not that clued up with techy stuff. :witch:
                  Give that a go and see if it helps, if not then undo what you have done, and its back to the drawing board :okay:

Comment

hmmmmm I can't even find the program. Did a search, looked in device manager, no links from problems and solutions and nothing found in add and remove programs. arrggghhhh

the only thing i can think of is it has done something similar before but the problem was the Key Maestro ps2 program from BTC, not sure if it's connected.
                    Can find the location for that either the search just bring up 'sessionstore' only.

any ideas????

Comment

Oh dear, dont think i can help with tha unfortunately, hopefully someone bigger and cleverer than me will come along lol

Comment

ok no probs, thanks for the XP tip though, I'll try that on the slightly unstable programs. :okay:

Comment

anyone have any other ideas on this BTC Keyboard issue. lappy just crashed again, microsoft recommend removing BTC software.... fine, problem is, i can't bloody locate it.

Done full search but no luck, this is really getting on my puppies

Comment

Can you post or pm me as much detail on this keyboard
                            ie make, model, any software, is it wireless etc

Comment

Hiya, to be honest I don't have anything apart from what I copied on to the first post. I use a lappy with no external keyboard.
                              I have an Advent 7113 lappy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X