• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

T mobile PAYG dongle question........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T mobile PAYG dongle question........

I have a T mobile dongle attached to my PC for internet access. Since T mobile joined with Orange I have noticed that sometimes I am on the T-mobile signal and sometimes on the Orange signal. However today I am on the Orange roaming signal. I received a pop up message saying that I was about to connect to Orange roaming and would be charged in accordance with the fees stated in the text message when I arrived.
    Problem with this as I have never had this dongle activated anywhere but home, therefore have not arrived anywhere and therefore never received a text message when I arrived!
    My account is with T mobile and is pay as you go, so I have bought 24 hours internet use for £2 and cannot understand why I am on roaming to start with, or if I am going to recieve a bill from Orange for this roaming?
    Anyone know what's going on?
    Tags: None

Re: T mobile PAYG dongle question........

I have been an Orange PAYG mobile phone user for some years. About a year ago, Orange announced that they had teamed up with T-Mobile to provide better signal coverage. I believe the spiel was something on the lines that both T-Mobile and Orange customers would benefit from the wider coverage, and that we would all be billed at whatever rates our particular provider (Orange) charged - even if we were using T-Mobile's signal network.

Sho' 'nuff - sometimes I find my phone is showing T-Mobile instead of Orange as the network provider, but it doesn't bother me.

I reckon that - because you are using the Orange/T-Mobile joint network for broadband access, that you received the message as a matter of courtesy. It may be that - for some reason - your usual T-Mobile signal disappeared, as they occasionally do. In that case, I guess Orange automatically stepped in to give you continued cover - but still at whatever rate you had originally agreed with T-Mobile.

That's my guess. I don't think it's anything sinister, Monz - but 'be alert,' as they say !!!

Comment

I wanted to be a lert, but I just never got a round tooit!

(No.......Not the coat again?)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

No mate. No time for the cloakroom. You get the Grand Order of The Boot forthwith !!!

The coat MAY follow....unless it's worth a few quid.

The Lert Recruitment Agency seems to have fulfilled its appointed task, as there are now many of them out here, doing whatever it is that Lerts do - and doing it most effectively, I am told.

The future is now in 'Wares'. Sell yourself. Sell yo' @$$. Be aware.

It could be fun.

I've actually got a 'Round Tuit' here somewhere. A circular piece of baked clay sent from some obscure seaside resort by a similarly obscure relative who was nevertheless conscious (note the avoidance of the 'A' word) of my magnificent ability to procrastinate in public. I may yet thank them.

Comment

Thanks Bill

Oh and LOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X