• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Firefox 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 4

Here is the which report on firefox 4 latest browser.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/03/...in-24h-248577/

What is different.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/

And the download if you wish to update

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Tags: None

Re: Firefox 4

Been using it since beta, now all Gold baby.
    Used FF since 0.7 !!!
    Admittedly it's messed with the fonts a little, but nothing drastic.

I'm what would be classed as a power user, so I've tweaked the crud out of it and it fairly sings along..

only real down side is that my preferred theme does work, as yet, but that's only a minor issue.
    Overall looks and works brill on Win 7 x64 Enterprise edition

Comment

Well it claims to be faster than previous versions and I must say it seems to be doing that here.

It syncs with my HTC ANDROID too which is quite handy

sigpic

Comment

Much smaller operating foot print as well.
        It's not unknown for me to bust a gig of memory while using FF with a bigillion tabs opened.

So far haven't exceed 400 Meg !!!

Comment

blimey the most I have open is about 10 soon as the tabs become small I shut some down and put it in fast dial in case I need to go back

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ast-dial-5721/

sigpic

Comment

I've used FF for years so had no hesitation in upgrading tp FF4 on my laptop.

Disaster!

Completely unusable as it fails to open bookmarks followed by freezing then 'not responding' and then it's a nightmare to close down with nothing responding.

Several times I've closed down and/or restarted,checked for viruses etc but apart from a snail pace 15 minute session I can't get it to operate.

thank goodness I didn't upgrade [degrade!] my desk top PC.

Comment

What a knightmare !!!!!
              Normally this is caused by a "rogue" add on..

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                What a knightmare !!!!!
                Normally this is caused by a "rogue" add on..

called a DCA I expect-LOL

Just using t'other machine to look arounf the FF forum--crashes seem quite common I'm finding.

Comment

When I installed it , it warned me of add-ons that where not compatible so I deleted them

sigpic

Comment

Hi Pompey-I've checked that all my add ons are up to date.

Probably easiest to delete FF4 and reinstall-I'm running FF 3something on my desk top so should be able to transfer my bookmarks over when I reinstall but will check out the FF forum first for other solutions first.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X