• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

copy files on nerworked computor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy files on nerworked computor

Trying to copy files from my Win 7 desktop to an xp laptop I use for storage and usually I have had no problems however on trying it today I get a permissions error trying to move the files to the laptop.

Network sharing all ok?

Any ideas
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)
    Tags: None

Re: copy files on nerworked computor

I think that is an oddity of Windows 7 actually. I've had it occur several times but always found that rebooting the W7 machine sorted the problem out. Not sure what causes it yet.

Also, another strange quirk of Windows 7 I have dicovered is that it won't let you map two shares off the same server (or NAS drive for that matter). Been googling that for ages but cannot find any reports of it being a bug.

As an aside, has anyone dared install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 yet ? If so, what problems did it cause / solve, if any ?

I was gonna join in Turbo's Excel masterclass thread, but as I am not an accountant I see no use for Excel lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X