• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Processors ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processors ?????

Can someone please explain processors in plain language for me, or even better list them from best to worst or whatever.
    I'm considering investing in a new laptop and its a bloody minefield out there.
    Tags: None

Re: Processors ?????

Tell you want, you post links of ones your looking at and I'll tell you if they're any good

Ones to avoid are Intel Celerons and AMD Semprons.

Comment

I thought that was all to do with cheese lol

Comment

If you want the latest and best models, go for the new laptops with the 'i' series processors. If you are on more of a budget, then generally go for Dual or Quad core processors - don't really matter if they are AMD or Intel, you'll get the same performance !!!

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          I thought that was all to do with cheese lol
          Typical msl:

Comment

Righty ho peeps, I want one from Tesco's so I can save my clubcard points for my airmiles, budget around £450 ish, suggestions please lol.

p.s. I like pretty colours lol.

Comment

Okies, new laptop bought, I took some advice from an it friend of mine and got the Toshiba C660 iG3 and its Red http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-9615.aspx its lovely so far, although I have never liked the mouse pads, so will be attaching a 'proper' mouse. I have sussed out all this webcam stuff either and its Windows 7 so I need to play with it and get used to it all, but otherwise its much lighter than the other one which was 7 or 8 years old and a hell of a lot faster, so far I am happy with it.

Comment

If you're getting a mouse get a nano. The wireless USB bit that you plug in to your laptop is very short and means you can keep it permanently plugged in. You just heve to be mindful of turning the mouse off when not in use so you don't run the battery down.

Comment

Nice piece of kit there Sappy, good price too.

Comment

Thanks hun, its a nice feeling to get approval from you Oh great one :grin:

Comment

Lol, of course it's no where near what I'm currently using

Comment

Flash git msl:

Comment

major advantage of working in IT and having a boss that signs my PO's with no questions asked

Comment

Fabulous lol.

Comment

Need to get your camera in focus though--

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X