• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HP LaserJet 1320 problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP LaserJet 1320 problem

I've got the above printer connected to my talktalk (D Link) router via ethernet

all pc's are wireless. So how come I can print from my o/h's pc yet i cant even get my laptop to see the bloody printer!!!

It took me an age to set it up so oh's pc could print. but it does with no problems.

Today tried to install the HP drivers n software oh has on her pc yet still laptop will not see the printer.

Any ideas guys?
    Tags: None

Re: HP LaserJet 1320 problem

Are the PC's/laptops in the same workgroup ?

e.g. Windows 7 setup asks if the computer is part of a home network and puts any computer which you answered yes into a workgroup called home.

Failing that, if you know what the IP address of the Printer is then you should be able to connect to it using that IP address

Comment

Does xp need them in a workgroup?
      when i try to add a printer the wizard just tells me the name/address is wrong no matter what i do.

Comment

Can you see the Printer in Network Neighbourhood ?

Are both laptops on the same IP network ? They probably are if you are using DHCP

Are both using XP or is the one that works on a different O/S ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X