• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very slow internet :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very slow internet

If anyone is interested in using Be, they do a referral program.
    Please ask as it would be beneficial to both parties

Comment

Being new I hope I am not treading on toes here. Slow internet speed can be caused by a number of factors. Can I suggest the following for XP users.
      1. Do a disk check, Defrag, disc clean up.
      2.RegScrubXP. Its "free"
      3. Scan with Malwarebytes."its free"
      4. Install "avast" antivirus. Its free.
      5.Check your internet speed & connection with speedtest.net. also do the ping test. This result will give you some data to approach your ISP with. Dont be fobbed off by the gal in the callcentre.ASK for a tech to visit, and then grill him on YOUR results.

I hope this is written clear enough. Take care & happy surfing.

Comment

Colin, thanks for the ideas there, but I would make some changes.

While RegScrubXP is indeed a good app, CCleaner is much better and more encompassing.
        Not only does it do a reg clean, but can also remove windoze cludge from your system.
        It also allows for detailed control of your start up programs, and an easy to use uninstaller.

Of course it's completely free to boot.

A disc check isn't really needed unless you are having disc issues.
        Regular defrag is a must for optimum disc health. While the inbuilt defragger does a passable job, Auslogics product is infinatly better and even schedulable, also free

Comment

Thank you for the reply & info. C Cleaner I use as well as RegScrub. Auslogics I have not come across before but will give it a try. My reason for posting is: I have a court case against BT.com to be heard next month. From my experience with them you do need to get everything on/in your computer up to the best possible standard.[incl cables et hoc]. Thanks again. Enjoy the weekend.

Regards, Colin

Comment

Has anyone got any experience of Glary Utilities ?
            It seems to have everything needed and even has memory optimiser!!!
            A friend of mine swears by it but I'd appreciate some impartial advise on it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X