• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem playing Mass Effect 2 Help Please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem playing Mass Effect 2 Help Please!!

Recently bought ME2 from the recommendation from a freind, and i have a problem thats driving me nuts and cant find a solution on your forum. What it is, the mouse and keyboard do nothing the cutscenes play very well, but the mouse and keyboard do nothing, well almost, can aim and fire and the escape button works, altho in the main menu the mouse and keyboard do work.... updated to patch v1.02, updated DirectX, updated other drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled several times

my specs are

Win 7x64
    4 gb ram
    nvidia geforce 8800 gs
    AMD athlon x2 5600b 2.91Ghz
    247 Gb of free HDD space
    windowsUSB optical wheel mouse

Any help would be gratefully appreciated because i was really really looking forward to playing this game!

Many thanks in advance

P.S. Dont have any problems playing other games like STALKER- CoP & Clear Sky, Fallout3 & New Vegas, Football Manager 2011 etc.
    Tags: None

Re: Problem playing Mass Effect 2 Help Please!!

I played this game last year. It's VERY good. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was engrossed with it - which doesn't happen often as I have never been much of a gamer !!

Mine installed first time and without any of the problems you describe. I am simply wondering whether the install did not complete without errors (which did not get reported). Might be worth simply uninstalling and then re-installing it. Especially as it appears it is only this game that you are having problems with.

My rig is very similar to yours too.

Windows 7 64-bit
    4Gb of RAM
    AMD Phenomenon Quad Core 2.4Ghz
    nVidia 9800GT
    2Tb Hard disk drives (2x1Tb) (think I had less space available than you had when I played it too)
    Keyboard and mouse both PS/2 (and being fed through an 8-port KVM switch)

Also, as I recall, there is a thriving user forum for that game on several websites. Might also be worth having a look through those to see if anybody else has reported similar problems.

Comment

Re: Problem playing Mass Effect 2 Help Please!!

cheers for the reply, not been around for a while :-( problem was solved somehow....my HDD died and got a new one and hey presto...it worked lol, no idea why tho.

Comment

Having the same issue... I've changed hard drive as well but it's still happening.. Any solution?
        happy wheels

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X