• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virtual memory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual memory

Has anyone done it themselves?
    If not is it ok to follow these instructions?

http://computermemoryupgrade.mysuper...ile_size.shtml

Re: Virtual memory

While virtual memory is good, you still can't beat a bucketload of actual RAM, and considering how low the prices currently are now's a good time for a simple upgrade.

BUT remember most home users will have issues when more than 4 Gig are installed, as this is the usable limit of a 32 bit operating system (read home version)

Comment

Thanks for reply, so do you suggest going into docs then?
      I had more space put on the other week but it was actual memory I needed.I have issues with switching on too and it's not the power, think it may be MB, am hoping it's only a little op it needs though.

Comment

XP runs well with 1 GB of installed RAM.
        Vista (if you must) and 7 happily use way more and really need a minimum of 2 GB.

My advice is, if you are running less than these figures a simple RAM upgrade will do wonders, coupled with some maintenance of course.
        The usual patch, scan and clean out routine.

Comment

I've actually found that Windows 7 will run fine on 1Gb of RAM too. Vista is a complete memory hog though.

What many people don't realise is that new computers are often 64-bit architecture but have 32-bit versions of Windows installed. You can actually get a free upgrade to 64-bit versions of Windows (if you already have a 32-bit version installed of course).

As 64-bit computers support way above the 3.5Gb limit imposed by 32-bit O/S, I personally think that upgrade is worth it. I have 6Gb of RAM running on my Windows 7 PC and it absolutely flies !!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X