• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anyone got MS Word hanging around?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got MS Word hanging around?

Has anyone got a product key for MS Word I can use? Or is there anywhere I can download it or something similar? Daughters lappy hasn't got Word so the only way I can do her CV is at work wich is a bit dodgy when the boss is lurking about. I've part done it and emailed it to me, can open the attachment in Word compatibity mode but as Read Only, unless I enter a product key which I haven't got.

Any suggestions anyone?
    Is no longer here

Re: Anyone got MS Word hanging around?

Go get Open Office.
    Does all the M$ office formats and best of all it's FREEEEEEEEEEE

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Comment

Thanks CB, have downloaded and installed no problem. Next thing I need to know is, can I open an email attachment that's been sent in Word, through OpenOffice? I've tried opening by using browse then clicking on OpenOffice, but that just takesme to the varius files of OpenOffice and I can't suss out what to do from there. Or is it not possible at all and I've just asked a really stupid question? My alternative is to copy and paste the Word doc at work into an email, send it to myself at home, then copy and paste it into Open Office.
      Is no longer here

Comment

There is away... I am still in the dark about it despite repeated attempts to teach it to me....

Word of advice make sure its saved in Word as if she sends it out to someone who doesn't now how to deal with an open office doc it may just get deleted

If I knew how to make the discs I'd send you a copy of windows 7 (lol and if I had the money for stamps )
        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Tut, tut. What a very naughty question.

PM me your home addy and I'll put a Telling Off 2003 onto disc for you. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

OOPS. Just realised it might be quite urgent. Can you wait 3 weeks till I get home? Soz.
          Last edited by LuggerBugs; 21st August 2009, 00:46:AM. Reason: Tired and sleepy and not paying attention
          My Blog
          http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

than.ks Moch. If she sends it out it will be in word, only want to be able to open it in openoffice so we can edit at home if needs be, once its done i'll send it back to myself at work so i can print it, then send it back tomy email as a word doc, then can always forward it out of my email as a word doc, if you see what i mean. errrrm, I think! lol.

O second thoughts, the boss is out tomorrow morning so I might be able to finish it at wrok anyway, print a few copies etc. After I've scanned it up fr you lot to have a look at...
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Thanks Lugger. All good things come to those who wait:tinysmile_twink_t2:
            Last edited by WendyB; 21st August 2009, 00:51:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X