• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Windows 7 AGoGo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 AGoGo

Yep you read it right.
    Today's the day I'm going to upgrade to Windows 7.
    being a Volume Licence customer, we have an Enterprise agreement with M$.

My oppo has been running the RC (Release candidate) with no problems since it was released.
    We are both running the same hardware, so should be easy enough.
    I must admit to being a little apprehensive due to my recent experience with Vista.

I'm going for the complete format and rebuild route to ensure no "bad" hangovers from XP.
    It isn't possible to upgrade straight from XP to 7, you need to go via Vista.
    There's a nifty free tool that can be used to assess your system for running Win7. Download details: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta

So full backup of important data is currently being run as well as readying all the applications I use to reinstall.

Now all I need to decide on is the version.
    Do I go Pro or Enterprise

Re: Windows 7 AGoGo

Any chance you can translate that into PIL please ?

Comment

I've been on the release candidate and a few days ago my poor computer was kidnapped and now has Windows 7 proper on it.

Works so much better than the evil Vista but it does appear to make my landscaping software jumpy not sure what to do about that other than go back to pencil and paper!
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Right time to Click the button.
        See you on the other side

Comment

Well that's me done.
          Just a few little bits to add.

I must say, other than the graphics drivers, that's the fastest desktop OS install I've done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
            I've been on the release candidate and a few days ago my poor computer was kidnapped and now has Windows 7 proper on it.

Works so much better than the evil Vista but it does appear to make my landscaping software jumpy not sure what to do about that other than go back to pencil and paper!
            Vista sucks.

But at least you only need 3 buttons on your keyboard.

Comment

Well so far it's doing better than Vista as it hasn't terminated itself

Comment

Been running the RC for a while, and apart from driver issues, I'm happy.

Now if only some really kind person would gift me a "proper" copy, my life would be complete.
                My Blog
                http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

I havent really looked into win7 to be honest. I qwite fed up of using windows and sucoming to the fat cats at microsoft for the main reason there are much better OS's out there.

linux ubuntu is not only free but if you just take the time to learn using it it offers so much more than another main strem windows option.

I find it disapointing that the big retailers dont really offer it as an OS on notebooks and desktop PC's mainly for the reason no one has ever heard of it let alone how to use it due to microsoft have completely dominated this market.

Im looking forward to google chrome OS anything that is different from microsoft is a breath of fresh air for me.

Comment

My servers all run on Linux (Well VMware ESX to be exact with ubuntu NFS), with the exception of the Windoze DC as mandated by the company

Clients are still stuck with the Redmond beast, for now.
                    Might as well take full advantage of the Company Enterprise agreement we have in place

Comment

Just for you CB

xkcd - A Webcomic - Windows 7

Lumi x
                      Luminol x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X