• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

virus warning *hoax*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virus warning *hoax*

Got this today...

23 June, 2009 23:08:56
    Subject: kevin virus warning

PLEASE READ

HUGE VIRUS COMING !!! PLEASE READ & FORWARD !!!

Hi All, I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!
    I checked Snopes (URL20above, and it is for real!! Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS! You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message wi th an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus, which opens
    A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better to receive this message 25 times 20 than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US
    Last edited by Tools; 27th June 2009, 12:30:PM. Reason: edited out link- sorry willow
    I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it... (cameron) Ferris Beuller's day off....

Re: virus warning

One of many doing the rounds, have removed the link from your post and suggest you do not click it from your emails.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: virus warning

Have a read of this thread too

Smelling A Hoax A Mile Away By Using A Little Common Sense - Legal Beagles

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X