• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mr really Thickie is hopefully asking an easy question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr really Thickie is hopefully asking an easy question

Ok, I have severe problems with my laptop keyboard. Question is can I buys a keyboard with a USB cable to plug it in rather than replace the keyboard to the laptop which I suspect could be more time consuming and expensive?
    Tags: ebay, find, power, suspect

Re: Mr really Thickie is hopefully asking an easy question

Simple answer YES..
    Lots around same with the prices..

Buy the PC Line PCL-SK1 Wired Keyboard at cheap prices from PC World £9 from PC world

Comment

In that case can you get an external battery charger for a HP laptop from c. 2006(I kinda dropped that one on the floor and the bit which powered the laptop kinds went into the motherboard and I was quoted £250 to fix it(so bought new laptop instead)

Comment

Before you go buying the new keyboard, do yo umind me asking what the problem is with the keyboard?

I have had 'severe' problems with one in the past which turned out to be something to dowith the nut that holsd the mouse!!!

Oh and re chargers, if you do a search on ebay or similar you will undoubtedly find a suitable charger for your model which is likley to be cheaper than the branded one.

Make sure that its for your model though as not all HP chargers, even if the same eletrcial spec in terms of current/wattage are the same, will fit your HP.

Comment

Re the charger issue:

You stated that the motherboard has been damaged by the impact; it might be that if you try and power it up even on battery you could risk further damage if the power socket on the main board has shorted to another component.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X